Being that I find it extremely adorable but wish to know why she does it, what is the reason for Sensei prefacing some of her comments with single phrases like “revoke...” on page 9?

I do love me some Ogata pouts but that is a blessed Sensei pout in the bonus chapter.

Sensei shares the same birthday as my #2 granddaughter (Evil Little Girl #3) Not the first time I've seen an anime character share a birthday with someone dear to me.

Any idea how to get the Mangaplus web site to not be so jumpy on Android chrome? It seems to randomly rearrange the pages while I'm reading. It's my only current issue with this partnership.

Lmao. If you're partnered why tf do they not let you upload these here. Why do you post here as if it's a chapter

@FrostBlood It's about giving and receiving. Mangadex redirects viewers and potential customers (book buyers) to MangaPlus site while MangaPlus probably pays Mangadex a few bucks. If they upload the chapters here then MangaPlus gains nothing, like doing freework for Mangadex.
MangaPlus is a publisher. They make money. They are not fool.

Miku best girl
Admin
MangaPlus give us no money, btw.

We're just supporting them to give them more exposure because they are a legal and free alternative.

Dex-chan lover
@Soisentinel I feel like this happens if you access it via the browser rather then through the App. If you already got the app it might just be easier to read it in that one instead, and use the mangadex listing as an "Updated chapter" reference.

Also mangadex making money off linking to mangaplus? LUL Yeah okay, anyone know where I can exchange my reddit karma for dollars then....

I thought pretty much the same as Elon said, it's like they preparing the readers from this site when mangadex go official or something.

Also it is a lot more convenient now that they post the chapters here so I can keep track of all the manga I follow from one site.

Uhhhh. Why tf do you partner up when you are illegal and they are legal? How are you not getting money. You already link Naruto and shit :/ to the official English. Why do you do this out of the goodness of your heart, or are you trying to go legit despite it "being a joke"

Miku best girl
Admin
@FrostBlood

We're linking them to promote them because they're free and legal. This is not an official partnership - they're not giving us any money.

Another reason we're doing this is because it does fill in gaps caused by certain groups not uploading here.

I really enjoy how whenever chapters are deleted or removed, we have no way of knowing which chapter we left off on as the "read" symbols are removed along with the chapters and they aren't automatically saved on the Title page. What a neat, fun feature :)

Then how is this a partnership? I have not found any mention of this in Manga plus' website, and if this is done just to drive clicks then why do you not change how this works? If I want to read on MD, I want to only see chapters I can read, but there's no simple option to disable seeing these linked out for no reason. Also MD is supposed to be a community, through highs and lows, but as soon as you lost many creators due to concerns about your incentives and choices, which were poorly answered, you now start linking popular things to make up for lost clicks? It's not like every Manga plus release is linked, in fact I only ever see the most popular.

This isn't a partnership, it is you leeching off a legal site and hoping people won't be angry they have to go to a third party site with ads (sure they're minimal and not as intrusive, but MD has always been against ads and forcing people to use third party sites, which is why people didn't like JB for putting delays on SL)

This is staunchly against everything you have said. This isn't a site for profit, so why do clicks matter? Sure groups aren't doing Naruto and one piece on here anymore, but there are tons of other things, solo teams, small groups for fun, and by forcing this integration is just upsetting. What gaps? Every 20 minutes a new series is out, there aren't gaps, but instead there are just less of the top series, which shouldn't be an issue because once again this isn't for profit right?

Also I hate editing and don't do it because seeing a post "edited" means it could've completely rewritten everything, and since staff here can edit another person's posts I am inclined to keep to this format and just SC everything afterwards to make sure it doesn't change, but a partnership cannot be leeching. That is what this is. Making it an announcement implies that the agreement is mutual, this is me saying I'm partnered with eminem and linking his music on my sound cloud, unless you can explain why this is a partnership and why it's necessary, I'm remaining skeptical. If it's unofficial then why? There are other official aggregates and licensed companies but they don't get published, at most you link the official English in the description.
Partnership is untrue here, or if this is a deal to get Manga plus to pay you under the table or buy you out to go legit, which many of the creators accused you of when they left (not a good sign that you say "going legit was a joke I made I would never do that" then announcing a partnership we juet now find out is not official, and therefore either under the table or just leeching in order to make sure readers don't leave your site). Especially when the series you link through Manga plus still have chapters done by scan teams who haven't left, that we can read here, unlike other series where we aren't even allowed to access chapters for stuff like Naruto. You should elaborate, are you going legit?
This is just upsetting honestly, because if this is official it looks like those who left were right and you are trying to sell the site, which will cause the scanlators who upload here to stop, forcing a new site to come up, or forcing them to upload with groups that have sites, or ultimately just stopping. If you don't intend to go legit, this is just leeching, very clearly because MP doesn't charge like funimation or crunchy roll, so you don't have backlash in that front, but it is leeching in order to make sure people still read here, which isn't the focus of the site, it's to have teams without funds to host their own site upload and get feedback and improve, it's a community not a business so trying to force it bask to life by compiling more stuff here to make up for teams leaving is not the best, as it implies that what is left isn't good enough to have. You are stepping over former points and I would like a full explanation

Lemme just cut down the whole thing into a sentence

Are you leeching, shilling, or dealing under the table?

Users who are viewing this thread