Power Uploader
>WSJ raws are delayed due to typhoon
>someone gets the raws and translates the newest chapter
>weebs get super butthurt and call the translator a "sniper" to defend /a/non's honor

Fucking lmao, you guys are hilarious if you think /a/nons care enough about who gets first in translating your chinese comics! You don't need to defend them!

What's the point of sniping when the release are always on time and properly translated? Seeking attention maybe?

Dex-chan lover
@Soulwarfare
Oh who the fuck cares. I'm tired of all this recent wave of moralfaggotry assaulting both videogames and anime and related fanbases.
People have been pirating shit since the dawn of age, people wouldn't even be aware of millions of series and franchises if not that. The whole fucking anime and a big part of the videogame fanbase is built on piracy, people willing to go out of the way to pirate and bring about things to the masses, and people willing to consume such products and giving heartfelt thank yous in exchange because otherwise they wouldn't even be aware of those things. If not for this kind of efforts you wouldn't be able to access a thousands of things you have on the palm of your hand right now. And that is without talking about all those things that wouldn't be even available anymore to see if not preservation efforts of so many.
But nooooooo, piracy is baaaaaaaaaaaad, think of the poor multi-billonaire company feeeeeeelings!
And the worst part is that 99% of the time the ones preaching the most all the time are the ones starting the piracy efforts in the first place. If you cared so much about copyright and what-not then you wouldn't have done shit in the first place, but yet you did so anyway. You only say otherwise now for good boy points because that is what is vogue right now. Just a pathetic mask.
So fuck off mate. You wouldn't even be here if not for the oh so terrible piracy where 1 download/view is totally a guaranteed lost sale making the poor companies lose quadrillions every day. Because clearly that is how it works. Because clearly you'd have known and found out about the series and many other things without the evil piracy.
Also, the Kimetsu official translation is fucking trash and riddled with mistranslated stuff and inconsistencies.

Sorry for the rant. That was really unseemly of me.

Dex-chan lover
I’m pretty neutral on this. As a fan, I am very thankful to see the release. But as a member of the community I have seen sniping cause groups to devolve into shitflinging and dropped translations. Hopefully it does not result in a negative ordeal

My first thought after reading this chapter, "Noooooooooooo. . . . I don't want any of the pillars and other birthmark characters to die yet! I especially want my Tanjiro to live well past 25 and eventually make lots of cute future Tanjiro babies!" XD

Second thought was, "WHO exactly were they talking about when they said someone with the birthmark lived past 25?" O_O?

@Arashi89, I'm thankful for the episode no matter who translated it, nevertheless, I'm also very grateful to /a/non for the work he or she has put into this series. It is naive loyalty and principals, but if /a/non actually enjoyed doing this we should be a bit respectful to them since they didn't even ask for money for it. But yeah translation drama is meaningless, and intellect property can't be stolen it was already stolen to start with. Can't claim the moral high ground there.

Power Uploader
@Arashi89 What the fuck does this have to do with the typhoon and raws delay? You thought /a/nons use the leaked scan to pump out the chapter before official version like other for-profit groups? What they always use are public digital raw, which are of higher quality than even the official MangaPlus version due to no image compression, even if it means releasing the chapter later. If someone suddenly wants to translate the manga because of their newfound love for the series, then no one can stop them, but sacrificing quality for speed like what we see here is not something to be proud of. "Birthmark", really?
@Bunny_Pierrot It's not "naive loyalty and principals" when /a/nons are doing the best job out of everyone. We get both proofread, consistent translation and high quality image from their chapters. Sticking with the best product is not a moral decision.

Dex-chan lover
@comedyxtragedy
@Saury
It already said that in past chapters that Tanjiro's dad was just a normal coal burner that didn't have any relation to the demon slayers.
I think the one the Rock Pillar mentioned is Kokushibo himself. He has themark but he have lived for hundreds of years and that ticked him off because he choose the coward way of becoming a demon.

Dex-chan lover
@Arashi89 By saying that others are weebs and this is chinese comics, I see that you have no respect for other people and manga at all. I wonder why you are even here since you seems like you don't even like manga enough to call it Japanese comic.

Dex-chan lover
@Soulwarfare Viz translation is really bad. I read a few chapters and couldn't understand anything so I had to read this version.

Power Uploader
@miyako19 Yes, I have uploaded over 1200 chapters here because I hate manga and I have no respect for others.

Maybe connect your brain to your hands before posting something dumb. Also, lurk more.

Dex-chan lover
Sniping /a/non scans is stupid since they are the one group that LITERALLY can't monetize their scanlations. Sure they upload late but that's because they wait for the high quality raws, then translate, clean and proof read it themselves in the forums. Though I imagine they'll keep doing it because I think this particular translator also does 5Toubun and they do the translations despite dropout doing their own version. This is a case of the translator just having a genuine love of the manga. If you see this /a/non translator, know that I try my best to thank you in those threads :)

Users who are viewing this thread