7-Nin no Nemuri Hime - Vol. 3 Ch. 27 - How to Break the Curse

Dex-chan lover
i heard this is an adaption of a light novel or something? was this part in the source material as well?? cause this really reads like a complete ass pull and that the author had no idea how to progress the story and just went "fuck it, marriage rom com it is"
I don’t know how this development shocked you in anyway. He was always going to end marrying one and marrying all of them isn’t a real stretch.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, nooo~. What a terrible predicament to be in... :whistle:
If only I could change place with you and save you from it~! 😭

Dex-chan lover
i heard this is an adaption of a light novel or something? was this part in the source material as well?? cause this really reads like a complete ass pull and that the author had no idea how to progress the story and just went "fuck it, marriage rom com it is"
Nah, I think it feels like a pretty natural development. Alec won over the seven princesses and beat the first level boss, so now we move on to the next (marriage) level with new challenges. I know it's rare to see actual plot development in a romance manga, but it's a good thing, trust me.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, I think it feels like a pretty natural development. Alec won over the seven princesses and beat the first level boss, so now we move on to the next (marriage) level with new challenges. I know it's rare to see actual plot development in a romance manga, but it's a good thing, trust me.
if you've read my previous comment(s), i wasn't against the marriage plot at all, but rather how forced and a complete asspull it is. he's won them over, sure. but that's just them accepting him. make them fall for you, propose a marriage with a single girl or a harem after discussing it. whatever it is. just don't say he's gotta marry them all right off the bat lol
absolutely nothing about this is natural, even for manga that usually tend to jump the gun.
and i didn't say marriage is the end goal either. after they've amicably discussed it and formed a harem (or not), there could be new challenges ahead. i wouldn't have minded more story after that.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t know how this development shocked you in anyway. He was always going to end marrying one and marrying all of them isn’t a real stretch.
oh ffs. it's about how fucking FORCED this bs is. the point is not the end goal, the marriage, which is fine, but how absolutely rushed and nonsensical the way there was. have them discuss how they all feel, how they want to move forward, weigh the pros and cons. this shit could've been done in 1 or 2 talking chapters. just don't pull a runestone out of your ass that says they HAVE to.

Dex-chan lover
oh ffs. it's about how fucking FORCED this bs is. the point is not the end goal, the marriage, which is fine, but how absolutely rushed and nonsensical the way there was. have them discuss how they all feel, how they want to move forward, weigh the pros and cons. this shit could've been done in 1 or 2 talking chapters. just don't pull a runestone out of your ass that says they HAVE to.
You're upset that the story where he was sent to kiss a bunch of princesses for his dad has forced relationships?

Dex-chan lover
You're upset that the story where he was sent to kiss a bunch of princesses for his dad has forced relationships?
a fucking kiss is just that. marriage is not.

they kiss and move on. nobody dies from that. but no, the manga basically holds the entire fucking kingdom hostage and doesn't let the others wake up unless they tie the knot. and given the middle ages setting of this fantasy, this is for life since divorcing in that time period is not a thing.

Dex-chan lover
a fucking kiss is just that. marriage is not.

they kiss and move on. nobody dies from that. but no, the manga basically holds the entire fucking kingdom hostage and doesn't let the others wake up unless they tie the knot. and given the middle ages setting of this fantasy, this is for life since divorcing in that time period is not a thing.
Yeah, it's a cliche, in a cliche manga about rescuing a princess through kissing princesses. I continue to not understand how you think this is a massive leap. Just be glad we may get an actual harem ending.

Dex-chan lover
There's a very simple detail i really like about this manga that a LOT of others(even in genres that should) do not take into account: They changed into suitable exploration clothes(mainly: trousers) to go down there.
Other fantasy/adventure manga has female "adventurers" mostly in silly, frilly, huge totally impractical clothing
Fantasy bullshit rule no 34: The lesser the cloths on females the higher the defense.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously though, when do we find out that the witch who it turns out had a decorated bedroom and library right in the courtyard is the secret 8th sister?

Users who are viewing this thread