Aggregator gang
@Hamin but Kibutsuji was a product of... witchcraft, or something. He was severly ill, and a doctor (or something among those lines. Maybe a medicine seller) turned him into that. We don't know If it was accidental or not because Muzan killed the dude before he could even ask.

I'm saying there is an actual reason for how things turned out in-universe. Muzan being a demon? Someone made him that way. Breaths? Hardcore training. Marks? Same thing, apparently.

But Yorichi doesn't have (so far) any explanation. He is that way just because, kinda. That's why is so jarring in comparison to everything seen so far that had an actual explanation that made sense in-universe (demons dont just exist, they are created from a source).

I do like the idea that there is some genetic factor of sorts. It would explain why everyone can learn any breath pretty much (I mean after you have the aptitude, there is no stopping you from learning a breath that suits you personally. There is no actual bloodline limiting you from learning a breath over another, as seen with Tanjiro and Kanao).

But yeah we are going to have to wait for a little longer. Hopefully It gets explained!

@WhoCares

Interesting. In the Chinese version, Kokushibou monologues that the subordinate has already reported to his father, and Yoriichi will take his place as the successor. He speaks of moving to the three-tatami room as something that will happen. I'd say MangaPlus is the most accurate in this instance.

Fed-Kun's army
i like how it's saying: yes he was born talented, but the new kids worked their butts off and reached the same peak

@Heap, I think you might have the wrong guy here. The genius dude is already dead. He didn't even lose to the brother when he was all skin and bone. Heck, he was dead and still intimidating enough that the brother couldn't move.
Kids caught up to the demon-brother, and barely.

Dex-chan lover
@Heap
No they haven't. They're not even close to the peak.
To defeat Koku it took Himejima, Sanemi, Genya and Muichiro, with the latter two sacrificing themselves, and ultimately Koku lost not to them but to himself after realizing the monster he had become in his efforts to become Yorichii and let himself die rather than keep living with the shame.
Meanwhile Yorichii as an old man who was about to drop dead in the next minute completely outclassed Koku and only didn't kill him because he himself died first out of old age.
Yorichii is still the GOAT and not a single one of the modern demon hunters has gotten even close to him.

The demon #1 only died because he could not accept his ugliness reflected back at him. He desired supreme skills, which is the reason he still fights with a sword after becoming a demon. When fighting against the young demon hunter, he realized that he didn't achieve supreme skills, but rather he ended up with monstrosity.

Group Leader
@WhoCares
@Ariizumi

Anon didn't translate it as it had already happened. Read it again. Page 14.
He's narrating with a tone of resignation about what he expects to happen. Would and going. He's predicting.

In the end MangaPillar was the only wrong one. Lol.

Fed-Kun's army
@LotusLily Hmm, I very clearly remember the wording being present-tense when I posted before. I guess they corrected it since then.

@LotusLily
@WhoCares

I also remembered it just saying 'I was moved...'* or something along those lines. Nonetheless, we can all agree that anon has the most accurate translation now, as they always do. Thanks for informing me!

Upper Moon One poor thing.. Have to live with such a brother... Life it’s hard and more hard in a primitive age as the Samurai..

Hmm...
Using “Sun breathing” to defeat a great being who wants to conquer the sun...
Sounds familiar

Group Leader
It always blows my mind how consistently good these backstories are.

Aggregator gang
I understand where Koku is coming from, it must have been terrible to live with an absolute monster of a prodigy of a brother. That being said, I obviously don't empathize with him nor do I blame Yoriichi in the slightest. He just wanted to be with his brother and make him happy (he even left to let him become the successor).

If upper moon one is this strong imagine how strong his brother was lol definitely undefeatable but i wonder why he didn’t kill muzan

Users who are viewing this thread