Hmm I'm betting her magic works differently from them. She's probably one that doesn't need to use runes but more of a natural/inate type.
Anyway, thank you so much for picking this up <3

Dex-chan lover
Aaah another household that deserves to be dropped into a deep dark pit filled with cthulu monsters...

I hope she enjoys her life with her dad but damn if only she found out earlier :c

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer

Probably some nonsense that despite being an Arch mage he isn't a 'proper noble', that he expected his child to have a better life in that family, while the foster father has been filling his ears with sweet lies. (Which of-course is a great idea considering the fella is an Arch mage... though I expect him to raise the daughter rather than raise hell.)

Fed-Kun's army
she deserves so much better smh hope her "fam" gets whats comin to them soon

Dex-chan lover
@mekrabbat : My money is on them never bothering to try teaching her properly, they seem to have not wanted her from day 1, and allot of the time if someone learns easily in 1 way, they have trouble thinking in terms of the people who learn differently. If she is having trouble with the alphabet of magic, my first guess would be she has something like dyslexia, and needs it taught to her differently.

Funny thing to an uninformed and lacking in proper training instructor someone with a language disability could seem less intelligent, but they tend to be (slightly) smarter than the rest of the population on average, and some of the greatest scientific minds had some form of learning or language disability.

Lan

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer and what exactly can a 10 year old girl do? Try to rely on the “kindness” or others? Prostitute herself?

Double-page supporter
I find The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess better. First, in it, you get to really see all the misdeeds. Here it's in one chapter, she is already gone to the good family. You don't have the time to get pity for her.
Second, she got to the mansion to easily. If that the family wanted her so much to get her to leave, why haven't they done so long ago? There is only the father who wants to keep her but it's pretty weak. Also, how did she goes through the guards without being stopped, and she reached the mansion on foot, with vague indications.
Last, there is little reason for that much of mistreatment. Sure, they could have treated her coldly with no happiness; but with that much of hate from the beginning, they could have just refused her. Also, do you really think it's a good to mistreat the daughter of an archmage? If you wanted to vent your frustration on her, don't let her go so easily, you'll get the revenge from her true family soon enough. Also, the one who is the most likely to vent his frustration on her is the gentlest one (the father)

Dex-chan lover
@Ovnidemon did we read the same chapter? Yeah, I feel like monster duchess had a better start, but she hasn't gotten anywhere yet.

She literally just left the room having been told that her real father exists in a house on a hill to the north and from the man's reaction I suspect that the hill isn't exactly close.

It's probable that initially they thought they were getting a good deal. Being paid to adopt the archmage's kid. Chances of her being a prodigy were good, but when talent fails to develop and the archmage sends nothing but money it looks more like a situation where he's paying to get an unwanted child out of the way. Then an actual heir, and prodigy to boot, is born and the last purpose she could have possibly served in this family is gone.

Why exactly is the man being a neglectful jerk a bad thing? After all, it sounds like of the three family folks, he's the only one who has any actual contact with the MC's father.

Double-page supporter
@icarushector I saw the raws. It's not a spoiler: literally the first page of the next chapter is her arriving to the mansion. You see no carriage or anything like that.

Also, it's heavily implied that the bad treatment was in application even before she was found to not be a genius (Notably by her lack of confidence). At the very least, I see nothing where she was praised before she was tested (that should be the case if she was taken because they thought she had potential. They would shun her only after being disappointed, but before that they would cheer on her thinking they found a gem)

What I meant with the father, is that if she was a punching bag (in opposite to just being hated), it would be the father who would be the most likely to do it, but that's not the case. She is just hated, not an object to vent frustration because of the archmage.

Also rereading this chapter and the raws, I also find that Monster Duchess has better art style. Notably in the expressions. Even when I read the raws of Monster Duchess, I could easily understand the emotions of the MC and have sympathy with her. Here, it's more plain, less expressive. I don't say that the art style is bad (I find it good), just that Monster duchess has better.

Users who are viewing this thread