Fed-Kun's army
@kantha
people that seem to actually want a kid killed
You realize the kid doesn't actually exist, right? What are you going to say next? Video games lead to violence?

I really think that Food battler Futoshi is a good guy.
He understands that he is not strong enough, so he asks Genos to do the harder jobs!

Dex-chan lover
@lolmaolol
Not at all because putting aside that the "video games cause violence" argument is fundamental bullshit, it doesn't compare to what I'm talking about.
When people get the anonymity of internet boards like this and the emotional distance from a character being fictional, you get an unfiltered look into how their mind works.
Kid's a real piece of shit, likely because of his upbringing, and definitely needs a punishment for his wrong-doings, but immediately jumping to the thought that he should die is a rather reprehensible wish.

Fed-Kun's army
@kantha
And yet, yet again we go back to the child not actually existing. That's why I made my "video games cause violence" comparison, because you are comparing fiction to reality as if people would act the same in both circumstances. I can go shoot up an airport in a story mission in Call of Duty. That doesn't mean I would go do the same in real life. The same thing applies to this. People saying that they want the kid to die doesn't translate in any way to how they would act towards an actual human.

Dex-chan lover
@lolmaolol
My argument has nothing to do with people "would do" in real life and if it seemed like that in any way I apologize for the wording. My argument is that fiction or not, reveling in the idea that a kid character should just up and die is a rather fucked up way of responding to those actions. I'm not saying anybody that wants this kid to die would wish the same on a kid in real life, though there are for certain those who do. I simply think that in the boundaries of this fiction, wishing for a kid to die is kind of fucked up.

Group Leader
I disagree that it's fucked up.

It's no different from wishing any other reprehensible character die. He was written to be hated.

Fed-Kun's army
@kantha
Okay, then my argument is changed to you being a snowflake. It's absolutely ridiculous and absurd to think anything is fucked up in relation to fiction where characters are nonexistent to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
@kantha Butting in a little. In the boundaries of this fiction, the world is seriously fucked up. The average person lives their life knowing a monster can show up whenever, murdering or destroying at will. The only thing stopping them are the supposed 'Heroes', i.e. beings so powerful the only ones capable of policing them are themselves. They are only guided by personal desires, be it greed or not wanting to die or whatever. Don't expect your morals, formed by our world, to be applied in a totally different world.

Still, I agree that wishing for the kid's death is messed up. But I would want a kid like that to suffer horribly, even in our world.

Dex-chan lover
@lolmaolol
Do as you will, I'm not offended, upset, or anything. Just making an observation on a common opinion regarding this story that I don't agree with. Not like I'm telling people to stop. You however seem to lack the ability to hold civil discourse without falling to insults. Have a nice day.

@cor3zone
Most certainly the kid needs to be punished severely, just in a way that gives him room to learn and grow beyond his shit upbringing.
I agree that the world is fucked up and the morality structure of it is likely greatly different from our own, this is largely from the point of view of someone with my own moral set looking in. Though at the same time, even if I was one living in that world and had developed morals in tune with it, I don't think I'd be so far gone as to want a kid dead no matter how shitty he was.

Yea at this point its pretty clear something is off about Drive Knight. I wonder if he will be the Cyborg genos is looking for. Either way if they do fight it, will be so awesome from what ive seen from both.

Dex-chan lover
@kantha If you lived with instant death always looming over you, and this kid did nothing but put you in danger, or demand you die instead of him, do you really believe you wouldn't wish severe harm on him?

In a world like theirs, you would be the freak.

Users who are viewing this thread