Dex-chan lover
From his point of view, Muzan's logic isn't that far-fetched. If he manages to conquer the sun, no longer needing to accelerate demon evolution and isn't constantly hunted by the hunters, would he even be that big of a threat? He mostly so far seems to create demons to protect himself from the hunters and to conquer the sun. Would he continue making demons if he isn't threatened and has reached his goal, is a good question. If he does, he obviously is a threat to humanity as a new apex predator, but if he doesn't, he could be left well and alone. Are a few dozen humans killed as food a year worth having a secret war between demons and hunters that clearly costs more lives in direct and bystander casualties.
Kinda reminds me of the Parasites in Parasyte, who eventually got into a near harmless relationship with the humanity on large.

Dex-chan lover
@NotALewdGuy
Probably not exactly what moonchrome is intending, but I've actually thought that this arc could plausibly be a "heroes lose" arc. Especially with this particular event. Muzan has... seemingly awakened? Honestly it's kind of hard to really understand what exactly happened to his body. Did he absorb the human formula to make himself pseudo-human, to conquer the sun? I have no idea. But anyways, it's pretty apparent that he's pretty bloody unstoppable. Two Pillars have died, fighting upper moon one. Muzan, post awakening, seems too high a hurdle for the current heroes, in all honesty. Unless one of the guys gets a mega power up, but I feel this author wouldn't pull that out too randomly. It's been hinted that there's a 13th stance for dance of the fire god, so that might come into play despite tanjirou not knowing it. The earrings seem to be special too.

Dex-chan lover
@MelReinH
>"heroes lose" arc
Are you suggesting that MJMuzan going to get away? Or at least the heroes going to run away? I don't think those two are going to happen since they are determined to finish this once and for all. Tbh, every arc since the the train arc had been "heroes lose" arc in my book. Or at least pyrrhic victories.
>one of the guys gets a mega power up
Rather than one, I feel like all of them going to get some advanced tier power. Considering muzan at this level can probably go toe to toe with yoriichi, I'm guessing the pillars and others fighting gonna get boosted to almost that guy's power. Probably not out of the blue but akin to Stone and Wind pillars' ability to see the unseen world.

>two pillars died to upper moon one
Only one, mmkay. Genji is a cool dude, but not a pillar.

Dex-chan lover
So how many pillars is Muzan gonna end? And are they literally gonna ignore the Biwa demon? lol. Maybe Obanai has a plan. Hopefully he can keep Mitsuri safe!

You know, everyone is forgetting about the fact that most, if not, all pillars have a mark or symbol that symbolized the fact that their predecessors almost killed Muzan. So if all the pillars did gather in one spot, thought not right away, but they have a higher chance of defeating Muzan as the final finale of the battle between humans and demons. So yes, this arc is literally the last arc that’s gonna take place in this manga ;-; Hopefully there’s an epilogue or smt. I don’t want this to end. I can’t have anymore of my precious cinnamon children dying. ;-;

Double-page supporter
Now that is S tier sophistry. We sure do try to fix or prevent future deaths, wherever and whenever possible.

I really, really fucking hope they don't focus on the Biwa demon too much and just get to it. Things have been going on long enough, she wasn't ever a majorly relevant character, something I hope isn't about to change, and there doesn't seem to be too much of a reason to make her so. As they said, she isn't strong, just annoying, and once her gimmick is solved it should be a quick death.

I still can't figure out how soon this is going to end. Because both a time skip / him escaping or an immediate ending here seem equally possible. Which is the better idea is the question. Or maybe we'll get a Naruto level final arc. Who knows.

@Madologist
I really hope that's solely devil's advocate and not what you actually believe. The only situation it isn't far fetched is if you're literally insane. Even a psychopath would understand the illogical nature of his thinking and the flaws with it.

That logic is "you should submit to the devil because it's easy, forget all the crimes he's committed, forget his evils and cruel personality and the fact that he could and would murder you at a whim, just take the 'safe and easy' route of procrastination and hope nothing changes, hope he decides to leave you alone and he doesn't decide to enslave you all and murder you and eat you.". That comment of yours was literally the justification every dictator uses to try and dissuade people from revolution.
Parasyte isn't even close to the same thing. Symbiosis of sentient, but threatening, creatures which you've had rivalry / war with, isn't even close to living under the thumb of a literal demon / god. At least there they could defend themselves and had potential benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread