da

@mekahamedan calm down, it not plot armor , if Tanjiro die : the fight will go on and muzan is dead , if he not due to being the **that** breath user of the ancestor who is the first demon moon brother guy , it may said that he alive thank to that blood line , and about the author planning , planing doesn't mean it will be better and making thing up doesn't make it bad , there more to it of how Tanjiro going to survive , his body doesn't gone boom ( or maybe not but he still dead ) , so yeah , this manga have many holes beside than just plot armor

Fed-Kun's army
ohhh nice and crisp, suffering has never looked so clear~ still makes me wanna die tho

thank you for the update~

Aggregator gang
@da Tanjiro's entire family isn't blood related to the first breath of the sun user tho. He just taught them the techniques and they passed them down, and eventually got mastered.
---

My favorite part is that they set this up in a way we can't possible expect Nezuko to show up out of nowhere because she was still in bed trying to go back to being a human girl after taking Tamayo's medicine. I feel If she does show up, they will have to make sure is worth it and not just to have her be a tool for Tanjiro to get him out a pinch again.

On the other hand, Im all in for demon Tanjirou.

Dex-chan lover
So any bets nezuko will come in the next chapter? She is more likely capable at treating tanjiro but it's more likely he'll lose a part of his face after this. I wonder if the medicine was fully able to turn her back to human.

Dex-chan lover
He'll either overcome it and be a self controlled demon, burn it out of himself with the breath of the sun, or his sister will suck the 'poison' out of her brother. If that last one, then she'll either go berserk or become waaaay more powerful. Or both, of course.

Oh, that moment when the Big Baddy is sure our MC is dead. We all know what to wait for. His glorious return!

@Riger I dont think removing the poison would do any good for Tanjiro because well... the poison had already destroyed his cells and most likely the brain cells too and removing the poison won't regenerate him so either he become a demon or die i think?

I wonder if Nezuko "sensed" Tanjiro being on the verge of death and will come running to him (not only because family's psychic connection trope but also because they share Muzan's blood that gives some sort of psychic connection).

On the other hand, he might go to a flashback-like sequence, reminiscing as he's about to die then figure out how to use the breath of the sun which will give him full awareness and control of his body, allowing him to supress the blood. It's a bonus if the author also used this chance to explain how Nezuko suppressed the blood's effects and recover only by sleeping and still be so strong.

da

@A-tan all the characters wil surely be used , we haven't see the rock and wind yet , and the other 4 ,

I feel like this will be a hit classic like FMA . Especially since author just put tanjiro on the death row wtf

Omfg, the other comment section is cringeworthy, lot's of people playing themselves: "There's no way Tanjiro can come back now!"
1- The oni disease curing medicine already exists.
2- Muzan's statements has already been proven wrong more than twice in the story(the entire progression behind Nezuko pretty much counters Muzan to a point that challenges his own existence)
3-Tanjiro is not your average brat, by all means he is already being treated as a Pillar, if talentless Genya can survive demonization, so can extremely talented Tanjiro, moreover he doesn't even lose on the mental side of things.
4- Tanjiro is in the middle of the Sun breath development plot. He is literally the only character in there who cannot die until this is solved, because no one else has any clue about the sun breath aside from him
5-His death would actually be a sign of bad writing, as it wasn't even due to a fight that he would go down, but just because he tanked some of Muzan's spilt blood from wounds caused by him and other pillars. It would be a death that contributes nothing to the plot. ONly for shock value, and we all know these kinds of deaths are not an element that has ever been present in the story.

From both narrative and world building perspective, and even using elements already present inside the story, I simply cannot see Tanjiro's death. I've already given 4 ways Tanjiro can use to get out of this in the 5 points above. Not a single one of them came from asspulls, but clear story elements most of which have been shown in this exact arc.

@Tranloc7 no poison works this fast, not even Muzan's blood. IT took several days for most of the Oni to become what they were. A poison doesn't need to corrode the entire body for it to kill a living human, it only needs to cause enough damage.

@Winterspring I sure hope that doesn't happen, I don't want to give the author any ideas on how to use a longstanding and utterly irritating trope of having the Villain complete all his plans and be defeated afterwards only to have the author asspull a miracle to save the character or object that was sacrificed by the villain to fulfill their plans.

Dex-chan lover
Muzan hasnt read enough mangas if he thinks he can break the plot armor of a MC with such cheap tricks...

Dex-chan lover
If he had to become a demon, I wish it was her sister to give him blood instead of Muzan

Dex-chan lover
@tranloc7
'Logic' rarely matters in shounen manga/anime, lol. I've seen one fight after being shot in the head with the bullet still in there on pure 'guts/will', lol. Not like they use their brain all that much anyways, right?

My heart though the demon slayers respect and admire the pillars so much they're ready to die for them ahhhhhHHHHH SAY SIKE RIGHT NOW

Dex-chan lover
@Riger Strictly speaking, a headshot isn't automatically lethal. If the hit is just right, it's entirely possible to not only survive, but to continue moving under your own power; hell, I've heard a couple stories about people who got shot in the head without realizing it and only found out years later when they started developing migraines.

The human body's feckin' weird, mate.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius Yep, totally true! Take Phineas Gage, for example. A metal bar pierced through his skull in an accident at work and ripped up a part of his brain. He ended up becoming an asshole because of it, but he lived quite a bit after that.

Dex-chan lover
@Runnick And what makes Gage's case even more surprising is it happened back in the mid-19th century, when medicine and surgery were quite a bit more... Crude, shall we say. These days, if it's not instantly fatal, it's not that unusual to survive it; a quick google search and you can find top 10 lists of people who've survived bullets to the head, which is fairly narrow in spectrum compared to the kinds of head wounds people have lived through.

Users who are viewing this thread