Dex-chan lover
you cannot read this without getting a chill down your spine because holy shit that was epic

Hxd2VR2.jpg

I was looking forward to the Megido, but it was bit dissappointing.

I tought i could see the soldiers lying suffering on the ground limbless, unable to move like how the WN describes. But it just insta-kill everyone.

@Dadidu i think it was around chapter 60-70

Have to warn you, tho. The WN is a bit different than the manga cuz the manga follows the LN version

Dex-chan lover
@Alowhale So, higher, more precise power disappoints you, and you would have rather seen a lesser power? Hmm...

@Kaarme that is not what i meant. In the WN version, Rimuru aims not for insta-kill, but to make them scared to torture them. Just 1 shot of the Megido could instantly severe a whole limb. Altough there are many who also got insta-killed, but most of them just lay there withtge lack of limb(s). They'll die later when Rimuru used a certain skill he got after

Fed-Kun's army
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.651219bb4c93f2b60fbf1c4927d9de65&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2ft3Mzdx0SA3Eis%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=YQZdsobSOhGNbVeg6JjiVxeCfTRO2gyHN9wOxh%2fW%2b5Q%3d

Dex-chan lover
The LN of Tensura is the revised version of this series. The WN is what the author came up with first and includes almost nothing in terms of edits or just reflections on what was written. With the LN the author had the chance to revisit certain scenes and to realise how bad or dumb his first approach was. As such, going by the WN instead of the LN means that you explicitly disagree with what the author considers canon.

Dex-chan lover
@Alowhale If he can kill them instantly, he should kill them instantly. It's plenty scary to see people around you dropping dead without being able to do anything about it, knowing you will be the next. Only an edgelord thinks torturing people to death is cool. Rimuru's jolly subjects don't need a king who enjoys torturing his opponents.

@AbyssalMonkey If an army is wiped out by a single person, I'd say people would know the scope of his power.

@Alowhale I prefer the LN version. There's no need to torture the soldiers, they didn't choose to come there. One-shotting an entire army is plenty scary enough for any common soldier in other countries. If Rimuru need/want to torturate and make some people suffer as an example, he should do and limit it on the leaders that made the choice to fuck with him.

@AbyssalMonkey A display for whom? What's the use of terrifying soldiers who are dead fractions of second later anyway? And no, torturing ants (which soldiers are basically are to Rimuru) doesn't make you exalted in any way, it just make you an edgelord.
For any observer on the side powerful enough to matter after this battle, this display is as significant if not more as would be the WN one, because at this level of power, a level-headed leader has to be taken as the equal of the other demon lords whereas an edgelord/child throwing a tantrum has no place in a diriging assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread