Double-page supporter
@Lycentia to be honest... i dont know myself.
I just did it on impulse.
Im actually planning in deleting on the 00:00 of 04/02.

and as usual the scanlation is way more understandable than the official one... plus the double-spreads are readable. is it really that hard for the paid teams to keep up with people doing it as their hobby?

Fed-Kun's army
@stonefinger

I feel they just don't give a shit, as long as they get paycheck they can translate it with "meh, whatever" attitude. After all massive majority won't know japanese so they won't be called out for crappy TL. And tbf, that's triggering me so damn hard it's not even funny, since I wanted to be in this line of work. If you are getting paid for something and are PROFESSIONAL, you should make sure the TL is top notch, and easy to read, not only to native speakers, but to those, for who english is secondary language they are learning.

@Drimson

I agree. They really look like they didn't want to put in for effort, even though expanding the business to overseas is profitable.

I don't get why people are still defending MangaPlus. Their work is worse in every aspect compared to Jaimini's Box and Mangastream. It's like they've never even used their own reader. The image quality is so much worse, double-spreads are an absolute nightmare and their translations are barely intelligible. I don't mind supporting the official copyright holder but the fact that actual employees are so much slower and worse in quality is embarrassing.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks a bunch for the upload, better in every way from the mangaplus fodder

ctn

@Okamoto

Have you even tried to read the MangaPlus translation? It's perfect fucking english. If you can't understand it I question your honesty or your reading comprehension. I wont argue the double spread bit, and I haven't had problems with the image quality, but damn you seem to just be salty that there is a legal way to read the thing.

@ctn

Yes, I have, still am in fact. And I will admit that I went a little overboard in regards to my criticism of MangaPlus translation. Nevertheless, it's inferior to the previous unofficial scanlations. Your last point is complete nonsense though. The fact that there is a legal way to read manga for free is great news obviously. Eliminating the best scanlations available in the process isn't however. If anything I feel like my frustration is justified given that the legal option to read all these Jump publications is worse in every aspect than its illegal competitors. Besides, MangaPlus Reader isn't only impractical, it straight up impedes the reading experience and I don't get why you're so sensitive when the service is heavily flawed despite how easily fixable these issues are. After all nothing would make happier than a way to support the copyright holder while simultaneously enjoying their service.

Users who are viewing this thread