8-gatsu 31-nichi no Long Summer - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - August 31 on LINE

Dex-chan lover
Cute series. Enjoying until now and, from what I’ve seen from the raws, it keeps being cute.

Banned
Ch 1 is entirely made up of him trying to gaslight her into banging him and his previous creepy experiences with woman
They tried to pass it off as funny, it clearly wasn't
I'm glad Ch 3 didn't keep up with that
Dunno if I would call it gaslight if the guy was just being frank and he's dumb asf (if we didn't know that he lacks common sense like when he just goes up to a girl and cover her with his umbrella, normal people would ask first. Him thinking that he wants to protect a girl's fair skin is nothing out of the ordinary for a guy, it's the way he execute it., it might seem that way). After that he even asks if she has any regrets as well considering she also retains memories like him but she said no, so him thinking he's the root cause of the loop isn't that far-fetched. Another thing is that they're adolescences, it's not strange to be thinking about sex, the girl was even implied to have had sex already (I may be wrong) at chapter 1 when the guy said "it's both our first time" and then stopped and realizing "you have a boyfriend", she corrects him "had, we broke up".

Last edited:
Supporter
Dunno if I would call it gaslight if the guy was just being frank and he's dumb asf (if we didn't know that he lacks common sense like when he just goes up to a girl and cover her with his umbrella, normal people would ask first. Him thinking that he wants to protect a girl's fair skin is nothing out of the ordinary for a guy, it's the way he execute it., it might seem that way). After that he even asks if she has any regrets as well considering she also retains memories like him but she said no, so him thinking he's the root cause of the loop isn't that far-fetched. Another thing is that they're adolescences, it's not strange to be thinking about sex, the girl was even implied to have had sex already (I may be wrong) at chapter 1 when the guy said "it's both our first time" and then stopped and realizing "you have a boyfriend", she corrects him "had, we broke up".
Oh i understand i just used the word that best simplified everything to avoid making wall text
What i'm mainly explaining there is what made me uncomfortable reading the first 2 chaps and what could probably be the reason (because that's the only thing that happened at the start) for people to not get so much into it
Even if it isn't a nonsensical dialogue it was still uncomfortable for me

Dex-chan lover
Missed opportunity to release this chapter on August 31st. 4 days off :meguupog:

Dex-chan lover
This story definitely got cuter after chapter 1, I didn't get this vibe from that chapter.

Double-page supporter
In case anyone is curious about his nickname: hawk 鷹 in Japanese is pronounced 'taka', the first part of his name "Takaya"

Double-page supporter
Also, mc is clearly not dumb or stupid. He's just incredibly socially awkward when it comes to interacting with girls

Contributor
Takaya's glasses come off and suddenly he's a strong martial arts ikemen! Well, at least that adds a bit to his character so now he's more than just a socially awkward, mildly creepy "nerd" - he's become just a little more complex than that.

Kana wanted a memory of hearing him tell her he likes her? Boy, she's really falling for him now and a cool photo of him was the finishing blow to make her fall for him. But anyway, there's always the next loop for her to hear him say it, so long as they don't find out the cause yet.

Dex-chan lover
Why did she say I won't have a memory of him saying I like you?

Users who are viewing this thread