8-sai kara Hajimeru Mahougaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Encounter × Awakening

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the scans.

Story seems interesting enough for now. I don't understand why you're leaving certain words in Japanese for. It feels jarring to read.
Thanks for the feed back, its my first time translating and I have learn only hiragana and a half of katakana and haven't started kanji. So, I am using translation as a medium to learn that. (using all shorts of stuff and tools to give a proper translation). Also, as an anime fan I love to here those small words that are in Japanese as they bring more connection to manga and Japan (Just my preference). So, moving forward, about Japanese words I am thinking of continue to add them going forward with a the English translation to be in same bubble instead on the side panel as to not make it JARRING to read (no offence). Hope You Enjoy the Series and my Work, and if you find any mistake message to tell me on discord under KDT scans.

Dex-chan lover
lol interesting that it changed perspectives, nothing wrong with 'second chances' but other than like future knowledge/isekai, wonder how many have fallen 2 bit villains that start from 'scratch' right after failing as opposed to redoing it in their youth or so

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the scans.

Story seems interesting enough for now. I don't understand why you're leaving certain words in Japanese for. It feels jarring to read.
LOL it'd be one thing if it was something like not translating yabai or some hard to explain phrases but yeah it does come off a bit awkward compared to something that takes place in japan or like a 'foreign' exchange student mispronouncing some common phrases

Dex-chan lover
This has potential like most villian storys we will get to see his hard work to make himself better I'm all for it

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the feed back, its my first time translating and I have learn only hiragana and a half of katakana and haven't started kanji. So, I am using translation as a medium to learn that. (using all shorts of stuff and tools to give a proper translation). Also, as an anime fan I love to here those small words that are in Japanese as they bring more connection to manga and Japan (Just my preference). So, moving forward, about Japanese words I am thinking of continue to add them going forward with a the English translation to be in same bubble instead on the side panel as to not make it JARRING to read (no offence). Hope You Enjoy the Series and my Work, and if you find any mistake message to tell me on discord under KDT scans.
Aside some moments in battle mangas, like Hissatsu or 'attack name', it would be awkward to read, looking forward how you gonna work around it. Another thing to mention better put small credit page of your own about how you using translation as a medium for learning, can save you some extra comments about 'quality' in the future.

On a side note, i don't know katakana as well so i probably mistaken, but family name of Van boy sound like having Latin roots in it, Pride to be exact. Mangakas really like to play with other languages. There necessary careful examination how kanji work and sound, try to consult some senpais inside group.
b00b6e08a59c97974f84af41f3326ac6.png

Fed-Kun's army
Aside some moments in battle mangas, like Hissatsu or 'attack name', it would be awkward to read, looking forward how you gonna work around it. Another thing to mention better put small credit page of your own about how you using translation as a medium for learning, can save you some extra comments about 'quality' in the future.

On a side note, i don't know katakana as well so i probably mistaken, but family name of Van boy sound like having Latin roots in it, Pride to be exact. Mangakas really like to play with other languages. There necessary careful examination how kanji work and sound, try to consult some senpais inside group.
b00b6e08a59c97974f84af41f3326ac6.png
Thank you for your insights. Few thing that I didn't understood I left it as it is. for example while translating chapter 2 ( which I am currently working on ) there is this line ●ビワンみたいな...? now it literary translate to Like a Biwan...? I don't know what the hell is this also a there is this character His names comes out to be ‘Sutanisurafu’ (スタニスラフ) translated to - Stanislav (although Wikipedia have described the name I am still confused).
I really am stuck at this point so was gonna leave it like that.
But, now I am kindly asking for your help.
And yeah I thing I might do a rework on Chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your insights. Few thing that I didn't understood I left it as it is. for example while translating chapter 2 ( which I am currently working on ) there is this line ●ビワンみたいな...? now it literary translate to Like a Biwan...? I don't know what the hell is this also a there is this character His names comes out to be ‘Sutanisurafu’ (スタニスラフ) translated to - Stanislav (although Wikipedia have described the name I am still confused).
I really am stuck at this point so was gonna leave it like that.
But, now I am kindly asking for your help.
And yeah I thing I might do a rework on Chapter 1.
I am quite confused about this question and proposal. Since, well, i already told in previous post that i can't read (or i made a mistake in spelling, English is not my native language). On a Superbia topic, it's mostly from amount of manga i consumed, most notable, with this being major theme and power of mc in that manga, would be "Trinity Seven" so i was able to recognize it. (Although it still need to be careful, since under others circumstances root of his family name can be taken from word Spell (not in that instance since they are fencers/swordsman)).
Stanislav is indeed a name, Slavic one in origin. Should be prevalent for Europe, in the Central, Eastern and Southeastern (means Poland, Ukrania, Russia, Greece and in between). Fun fact it is suppose to be Gender-neutral(?) one.
●ビワンみたいな...? now it literary translate to Like a Biwan...?
like i said i don't read Japanese, so closest think i can offer, if i know page and panel, some incite from what translated on my native language (up to chapter 4 as of today release, and i don have a clue when and if they released next). But that method not really reliable (looking on certain translators groups that translate from jap to their native being spanish, indonesian etc and then unto the english) and could create unimaginable mess. While i typing i remember one particular translator, name BuyVelomobiles. Even if his actions on forums are, apparently, questionable and not very polite at least he 'professional' translator with knowledge of subtleties of Japanese text. I hope that he, in a worst case, introduce you to others translators with similar knowledge or to sources for improvement. Sorry if i sound like trowing problem into someone else, but i reaaaaaly wrong one to ask.

For a closing i wan't to rephrase one scene from the "Bleach". What is the difference between king and a horse? It is a good idea to seek advice from others, but remember well from this answers, tips and hints you MUST make your own opinion.

Fed-Kun's army
I have Completed my rework for chapter 1 and have uplaoded chapter 2 too. Enjoy!

Fed-Kun's army
Bro looks so cute though. Wish mangaka would actually draw a protagonist who stays chubby when he grows up for once.

Dex-chan lover
Quite confusing introduction for a first chapter...
More than half of it made me feel like I was reading about the main character, when it was just a side character being shown as a main character, then they introduced the real main character, which consequetly had less pages than the other while supposedly being more important...

Users who are viewing this thread