god its about time that whole flashback finish! i'm gonna have to skip that whole part when it gets to anime

Aggregator gang
Shoulda known he was the traitor once it said the traitor was an actor playing a role, he's literally dressed as a kabuki actor ahhh
That ending tho!!!
Thanks for translating!

Dex-chan lover
@berryoragami I reemember people saying he was probably a bad guy from nearly the first chapter he showed up. He is like anti Bon-Clay. Sucks that break is next week but hopefully now thee fighting starts, though I wonder where big mom is

Shit, what a hype chapter. I always suspected Kanjuro, but when Orochi mentioned the performer stuff (a kabuki) and I saw that devil fruit I immediately knew. I didn't, however, expect that he was a Kurozumi; I figured he would be a sort of "redeemable" traitor that we often see -- mostly because of how long he's been with them. I never would have expected such a sinister level of full-blown insanity. The dude can clearly draw as well. Now I'm curious what role he and his fruit will play in the coming fight.

Speaking of the fight -- it's finally starting! This'll probably be the biggest one since Marineford. I figure the WG will probably sticks its nose in somehow, too. Good to finally see the Strawhats back together again as well; it feels like it's been forever.

Last time these three got together, they wrecked ball in shabody mangroove island, I guess this time the wreck ball in wano

I think i enjoyed one piece better when i read and or watched it every 6 months instead of checking each release.

Double-page supporter
I actually try to not expect anything or theorize, so that the development can still surprise me, but Kanjuro being the traitor was not really a surprise. He had the smallest influence overall and made the most sense to be the traitor. I considered Denjiro for a time, but the recent chapters strongly went against that.

It was a kinda long flashback arc and was strong in many aspects, but overall felt weak. Like most of these kinds of arcs it suffers from us, the readers, not having spend enough time with any of the characters, because they mostly only get introduced in the flashback or shortly before and thus the reader doesn't have a strong emotional connection to them like to the mainline characters. Oda really tried to push for that especially with Oden, but it didn't really work as well for me. I felt a stronger connection to Roger or Whitebeard than to Oden for example.

Aggregator gang
Nice typesetting you have there, it really improved the chapter giving the right mood to each character.

Finally, a sea battle!

It's ironic it's a pirate themed manga but most of the fights happen on land.

Hopefully we have a proper naval battle this time.

Users who are viewing this thread