Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what is happening, and not in a good sense.

Group Leader
What the fuck just happened.

The author really doesn't hold back on perma-killing characters jesus fuck.

Fed-Kun's army
@Claith @Tsudow Yeah these two reactions about sum up the author. Fire Punch was a series I personally disliked, for a lot of reasons. I like Chainsaw Man a good deal more, but there's some things that this author writes that really don't make a lot of sense, and the author kills characters without batting an eye. I'd like to care more about the characters in his works, and I don't want them to die, but I also know that there's not really any point in getting my hopes up. His writing is a weird roller-coaster of absurdity and death from start to finish.

Dex-chan lover
haha the thing called plot armor doesn't really protect a lot of people here

Supporter
there's something genuinely horrifying in the way they just fall apart.
and things like Denji attacking with his arm he shouldn't have, just... it messes with your head, which is exactly what i'd expect from such a twisted place.

it's so good.

Dex-chan lover
@HauntedPizza It's more about, I'm having trouble following between frames. A big bad showing up, and dicing people, I get. It's the flow of events that is really disjointed throwing me off. It'll likely make more sense when a chapter or two more is released.

Fed-Kun's army
@Claith Ah that's fair, yeah some of his scene framing gets a bit confusing, sometimes hard to place everything that's going on. Plus how bizarre and crazy his series get definitely can add to the confusion, at least in my opinion.

I really want to see this scene animated one day, with eerie silence as soundtrack

Ah man, I fucking love this. I love how absolutely eldritch the Darkness Devil is. I am so fucking hype for whatever comes next!

@mathbrook

I don't think they ever will find a way out of this mess, all things considered. The way things are atm, it could either go down the "nothing actually matters anymore, so everyone must die, including our protagonists, but not until they've put up a good fight against that...eldritch hivemind of chaos...bringer of calamity and certain doom for all fauna" route, or...

It could just be a fever dream type scenario where all but the ones who were directly slaughtered by the being in question awaken and realise that what they just experienced could not have been addressed articulately, meaning they'd be at a loss for words when attempting to describe what they'd borne witness therein.

Users who are viewing this thread