personally this was the perfect ending for the story and taught lessons in each chapter. Ultimately, choice, the ability to path our own happiness as well as regrets is what makes human nature so beautiful. The theme of change was very present throughout, hence Taichi realizing it was himself that wanted to change last chapter, gave a hint as to his choice two years later. Although there wasn’t much story to lead us to understand how tai and touma ended up together, I appreciate the author for wording the part at futabas wedding where she says “the timing just never works for us” in reference to tai not being there (also because of the fact that tai & futaba only initiated feelings for each other & dated out of pure chance of wrong timing: tai being toumas childhood friend also due to dating at such an ever changing time in their lives), whereas touma & tai meeting at the train station leads to tai saying “perfect timing huh?” (In a sense it’s always been perfect timing as we’ve seen throughout the entire storyline touma and tai were there for each other at just the right time for emotional support) which can be concluded that they ultimately realized they were each other’s true happiness.

Double-page supporter
ahhhhhhhh my feels ;~;
this was actually a really nice cathartic ending tho.... even if they aren't all together in the same way as before their story and relationships still meant something and brought them this far so that everyone ended up happy in the end, even if it's not with who we expected :') honestly made me cry again 10/10 😭💕

Sure it's "realistic" that a heterosexual guy and a clearly lesbian girl to turn bi after a time skip. What's also realistic is if one of the main characters commits suicide due to emotional stress, which would also probably be a better ending that whatever this thing was.

People complaining about this ending because they cant understand that people can be gay/bi and not know, or even become gay/bi. It’s not genetic.

Also the homophobes really coming out in numbers. Only “nerd culture” can attract so many terrible people to art and entertainment made by open minded people. Its the same with every nerd movie franchise, video game, animanga, book, etc.

To all the biphobes and homophobes out there, educate yourselves please. Sexual and romantic experiences are not the same for everyone. I literally didn't discover my sexuality until I was 26, it is not something you know from birth, it is not something that stays unchanged. So it is not weird that, knowing that Touma was interested in him, Taichi started to think about the possibility of dating a man and realized over time that he would be ok with it! I think it's time we stopped shitting on people for their sexual/romantic preferences. If you think this ending was worse than them committing suicide, you're sick in the head and YOU are the problem, not his lovely manga that portrays friendship and love in such a beautiful way.

Timeskip was kinda meh, but weirdly enough im glad futaba and tai didnt end up together, though i am a bit disappointed that futaba and masumi married unknowns... couldve fleshed out the ending a bit more but it was an okay read.

Aggregator gang
Super surprised that this ended with touma, I mean it just seemed like taichi had 0 interest in men, but I mean maybe touma is special? Also figured he wouldn’t stay with her, after all highschool romances usually don’t last, still hurt a lil tho, but if everyone is happy that’s fine with me

I’m not a bl hater but ending felt way too rushed especially since there was no signs of mc not loving kuze or seeing round than more of a friend

I feel like this should have had more time to develop Touma and Taichi's relationship more. It's weird seeing them go from "we're ok being friends" to "we're lovers."

Also kinda disapointed that Masume turned out to be bi after all that... I love how she was represented and to go back on that and marry her to a guy seems strange to me.

Like everyone else is saying, something must have rushed the author. I understand it is what it is, as dissatisfied that I am.

Bruh what is this bullshit ending. Way too much epilogue for me. Like you really gonna show the end in this vague narrator way?😔

Ok the part before it tho😭😭 i wish they did smt more clear and not like this "what would you do👀" also wished they would show toumas face cuz bruh he must be so happy😭😭😭

Anyone else happy the boys ended up together ?!😭😭😭 since everyone in the comments seems disappointed. But I do understand their point, you can’t exactly just change your sexuality like that especially considering the fact Taichi never showed any interest in Touma😳

Who knows maybe Taichi is pan sexual..? Lol

I like the message about how no matter what the ending was, some people would still be left unsatisfied, like no matter what one chooses, that choice may not seem right in someone else's eyes, so what matters is that you yourself don't regret it whichever that choice may be. Overall, the only thing I was unsatisfied with about this ending was the thing with Masumi, like she never seemed like she was bi so it feels kinda out of left field, like she's still trying to conform to the heteronorm but whatever.

Just my opinion but Everything was perfect up until the end of chapter 53 after which they went up and made it all go down just like that.
Man I'm so disappointed rn that can't even sleep anymore. Should've trusted the comments and prepared myself for this.

I know it sounds weird but deep inside I'm happy at the way it ended but wasn't expecting that breakup and stuff at all. Kinda stings tbh. I think I could've taken it if the ending was extended for some more chapters but it's too rushed.

Overall i really loved the manga. Thank you author for such a masterpiece. Definitely one of the best one's I've ever read but nothing is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread