Contributor
comp.gif

Contributor
Not the worst ending. I feel like this was forced to end, rather than it ending on KAITO's own terms.

I do like the first person symbolism. It was a pretty good response to the previous chapter. I'm also happy for Taichi and Touma. More importantly, I kind of want to know more about Masumi's husband. He's adorable

That being said, I am most outraged that we didn't get to see what happened in between the time skip. Like, yeah, I can imagine all sorts of things. But I want to know what the author thought happened, even if it isn't actually canon. I feel like the time skip is going to be the main reason why fans will be mad at those two ending up together (giving everyone the benefit of the doubt in assuming that readers who made it this far won't be mad because it's gay). KAITO please write a novel or something! Or like a Twitter post and hopefully someone translates it! Please!

Dex-chan lover
Awwww that's awesome but the story so far really didn't set this up. Actually even the previous chapter didn't set this up, it's weird that they set up all those things and then just time skipped and dismantled everything.
But you know, Taichi and Touma cute af

What an exciting surprise!! The first person perspective robbed us of timeskip Touma, but I really enjoyed the callback to handholding in their relationship.

Ah, I really wish we could’ve seen all these events play out as the team grew up! Timeskips always leave something to be desired. Looking forward to what Kaito has planned in the future.

Thank you for such a beautiful series. I would love to see what happened during those missing years one day. But who knows if we'll get that opportunity. I can't wait for the mangaka's next work and continue to stare at their fantastic art.

A sudden ending but I don't think it was a bad one. I wish we had gotten more time spent in the periods after the time skips, but there's also a beauty in not knowing. Still! I hope there will be a chance one day for the gaps to be filled in. The ending doesn't erase everything I loved about this series, so I'm looking forward to buying the volumes once they're released :^)

edit: I was looking through the authors pixiv and in some posts they mention some things being included in the last volume that didn't make it into the chapters? I'm unsure of the meaning but I hope it's part of the english release too

@RikoRiko I think it's implied that Masumi's bi bc her husband mentions being insecure about both the men and women she's around

Dex-chan lover
I don't like this at all. It reduces Futaba down to a tool that pulled out Touma's conflict and her and Taichi didn't even need to go out for that to happen. I guess those bitchy girls were right and she was just in the way (only a little bit of sarcasm) How do you go from a year of introspection from every character in the cast, to this is beyond me because they should have had enough time to plan around an axed ending. Using "realism" as some sort of shortcut and shield for this gotcha wishy washy ending just feels cheap and unearned. Taichi's main conflict in the end should have just mirrored Futaba's before they both started going out and wondering what love really is for this ending to work.

Users who are viewing this thread