Fed-Kun's army
I don't care what ppl say, this is the most realistic ending I've seen from most manga. Life isn't an easy game you can just play and hope the results match what you think. We all know that a great percent of highschool sweethearts never truly end up together. We live and learn from our choices and the ppl we encounter from time to time. I'm happy that they're all happy. It was a truly a beautiful ending. The author handled this well, I can only hope for a novel and anime adaption for this. Now, for the third time this week, lemme go grab my tissues.

Dex-chan lover
🙄 they boil down futaba just to pull touma's drama

Double-page supporter
@miercoles I also heard that people theorizing that Masumi's husband might be trans because of what he says.

@HawkGoggles tbh yeah, that's how I'm feeling about this ending. I think I would've liked it a lot more if everyone ended up with different people but were still friends who met up every now and then (which I think was the main concern Touma had about his feelings for Taichi? That they wouldn't be friends anymore.)

No, it's not realistic.

We saw Taichi's reaction when Touma confessed.
That's the basic reaction of someone who would never change their preference.

WAITT WHAT HAPPEENJDJEJEJIWIW SOMEONE EXPLAIN PLS IM SO CONFUSED JSIAKSKKA

Edit: okay so I reread it and I understand who is who now. So like Masumi has
a husband now and touma and taichi are together... WHAT
Bruh, this is so unexpected. And it doesn’t make sense. There should have been more foreshadowing and build up to this because this just feels rushed.
Great story nevertheless, but there better be some side stories coming up
( ̄^ ̄)

I am part of those who are satisfied with this ending. Very realistic to me. Life is full of surprise. You can't bet on what will happen or where it will lead.
They all seem happy so do I.
Thanks, author

I already know (and accepted long ago) that Masumi x Taichi is impossible so the ending is fine with me, as long they're all happy

A lot of people find the end unsettling but I'm like ok with it, I love it in fact. You can say you don't like the outcome but you can't say it's doesn't make sense or work. People don't like time skip but even if you don't like it, there it is one of the reason as why the ship got completely tumbled, we just don't know what happened during those years and if the author wanted to show us about how life is unexpected then he did convied it. The second most important reason that justified this "Othello ending" is hey! THEY ARE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ayaaa they are freaking young! It not unconceivable they got their sexuality, their feelings wrong at this age. And yes that means that some of what they said in the story was wrong but then again even if you knew it was wrong, you won't take them seriously? the pain was real tho. Never once I felt that Touma didnt have his chance with Taichi even when he only thought of him as a friend and why? Did you never read the trope from best friend to lover? this is like a classic trope for fuck sakes 😂 . For some sexuality is not a choice but for some they get to choose, like me, so Taichi was just one of the people who get to choose and this doesnt feel unimaginable. They are happy and I'm fine with it.

thank you author for blindsiding me with a rock and beating me in the head with it, now hopefully thanks to the beating i will forget i ever read this poopoo

great start/good midway/horrible ending

ending felt more rushed then a chinese child worker making shoes

Contributor
Last two chapters ruined whole manga for me. Last chapter was literally Korra's ending.
And Taichi's JUST-hair looks worse than Boruto's dad and epilogue Ichigo.

Dex-chan lover
if you take everything in a 'realism' and realism only take on this ending, then sure its good, but for the purposes of the actual story, we spent the entire time in this highschool, exploring these characters, with plenty of room to atleast subtly foreshadow that taichi may possibly show bisexual feelings, and we really didnt explore that(which is a shame, cause the mangaka is a good writer). yes in real life, it is possible he just never realized it in HS, but for the purposes of a story that mainly focuses on that setting, you cant have none of it and then BAM, time skip, dude realized he was bi, got with touma, the end! its rushed, no matter how you look at it

but other than that, im fine with everything. besides for the fact that highschool relationships dont tend to last, we also saw that futaba actually was scared of losing taichi to touma even in High school, so i can totally see how these feelings would continue, seeing touma and taichi grow closer, and how they would eventually break up, and even why they wouldnt see each other again for so long.

as far as im aware, im just gonna take this end as if i was spoiled, and im just waiting for some novel or side story to fill in the context of the time skip to show how it actually happens. other than that, i was surprised by the gay, and had mixed feelings initially, but eh, it was a solid ride

I'm not really surprised that those two ended up together considering this whole manga was really about touma having romantic feelings for taichi. Like from the first chapter. But the way HOW we got there... especially with the chapter before!
Though he seemed to be conflicted he decided to stay with futaba and also said he doesn't feel the same way as touma does. Made it pretty clear to me that he's just straight (though there certainly were moments i had doubts). Suddenly he decides men are ok and marries him?
It just seems that the author went one route but shipped those two so hard he decided not to care anymore. 😂
I demand side-stories because this doesn't really make sense.

(And props to my boi touma for holding on for so long)

................................ Damn i wish dont read this at all. Best friend power then lover. Wth happend ? Isnt she changing you? then wth this ending. But im glad futaba not end with mc.

I really liked how the story ended, but not how quickly it ended. I feel like someone is explaining something to me, and for some reason that person needed to finish this explanation as soon as possible. I certainly got scared by the jump in time, I thought it would improve the story, but it ended up being something with the goal of ending as soon as possible. I am happy and sad at the same time...

Double-page supporter
Realism isn't everything to a story, if you don't show how they ended up at the ending it's garbage.

This last chapter is UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING.... It was so good interesting manga. My evaluation went from star 10 to star 5....

Masumi got married with a man, Futaba is happy. Seems their choices of men are good ones.

Dex-chan lover
Well this was an utter disappointment. Up until the last two chapters it was absolutely splendid, a rare gem in the world of manga about teenagers growing up, dealing with their feelings etc, but these last two chapters... Very rushed and way lower quality bc characters are changed out of the blue, especially the MC. Sigh.

i dont regret reading this manga but im pretty lukewarm on it because of the last handfull of chapters

Me hubiera gustado saber cómo se llegó a ese final,pero igual me encantó el resultado.

Users who are viewing this thread