Not gonna lie, it was kinda hype to see the Kengan lineup. I was kinda bummed that we aren't -particularly- familiar with any of the Purgatory fighters though. I thought it was mentioned fairly early on that were a couple of heavy-hitting defectors from Kengan's side? If that's the case, I'm surprised we're not seeing anyone on the Purgatory side that we're familiar with.

That was a long prologue, but I'm glad the manga is finally able to start now

I was of the idea that either kiryu setsuna or mikazuchi rei hold fight for purgatory.

they have a good lineup, thought it is an interesting approach of the author to not make it the most powerful

Between the worm stuff and the major characters who arent fighting, im getting the feeling the tournament's going to be less important to the plot than it was kengan asura

Dex-chan lover
@KeiosKod
Good point. It's fair to say the rivalry wasn't completely one sided

@Obsidians
My only issue with that is if they DO lose it'll be due to not being at full strength. If Purgatory loses when the opposing team is practically nerfed by not having ALL of their top tiers present it kinda makes Purgatory look like not ALL that and a bag of chips. Unless of course they beat the majority of top dogs that ARE here.

I'm wondering who Eddy Wu's rep is gonna be. I thought he would participate himself for sure, but ig not

Personally i’m not convinced koga is out of the story. My theory is that gaoh will be injured by the worm, and he’s gonna call out his best bro koga to fight for him(who will probably get whooped but put up a good show). Also I really wanted to see haruo in the matches but i cant see him joining.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is that there will be some shit with the worm going down. The panel with Meguro's brother and Julius looked ominous as fuck too

Fed-Kun's army
Last tournament "started" around chapter 40. Buckle the fuck up, we bout to spend a few years on MT GODSLAYER~~~!!!!!!

Contributor
Kind of disappointing that the time skip sequel only has 3-4 new faces on the team.

@stray_dog_ Good point. I can't imagine that everything else going on will just end up on the back burner while the tourney is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread