Banned
When you use "them" to refer to someone in front of you it seems a little off. Was confused.

Group Leader
this sister is a bit of a cunt but I can see why she would end up like that if the parents are also cunts

Dex-chan lover
seriously nobody picked the warning signs the moment she entered the store? the fuck?

Oh god oh fuck I didn't want to see Mogumo in pain like this.

Fuck their sister so much, holy shit.

Contributor
Knowing this manga, their sister is probably also going through some shit. As much as I like having my mind changed about a character for the better, I feel like it's going to be a little too hard to do given... this entire chapter. She better get the best redemption arc ever, if we are expected to sympathize with her at some point

happy that the proper pronouns were use but sad at that bitch of a sis. hope things get better.

Double-page supporter
What I don't understand is all these other people letting this whore do all this? So what if she's his sister? As if that gives her any justification to do any of this shit. Fucking disgusting human filth, all of them.

Double-page supporter
thank you gorebeetle!! yay for appropriate pronouns for mogumo!!

their sister is an asshole regardless if it turns out she has her own problems. fuck her.

and to new readers: mogumo is non-binary. not a boy :)

Fed-Kun's army
@gorebeetle Thanks for picking up the translation, and I agree using they vs him pronouns illustrates the central conflict well. But along those lines there is a nuance I don't think is included currently. Sakura refers to Mogumo as "onii-chan" the entire chapter, but when she gets angry and starts screaming she switches to "Ryuu-chan." Sakura catches herself doing this and reverts to onii-chan when she talks to Tetsu. You can see it in the "Ryu... onii-chan" line. Since Japanese doesn't have a good non-gendered sibling label, referring Ryuu by their abbreviated name would make sense if she were trying to support their identity. That's the point of that scene - Sakura used to support Mogumo, and still does under her anger, but when Mogumo left their family, it created a bunch of problems for her. Though Sakura's anger is misplaced, I think it is important to represent that she isn't naturally unsupportive, but acting that way as a response to her home situation.

Users who are viewing this thread