Dex-chan lover
If you think about it, this is not yuri. At most, it's just yuri bait. Worst of all, yuri bait driven by pretty much hetero feelings of the kouhai. So, a normal romance.
Any genre is fine as long as it's cute, but this was more interesting as yaoi.

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123
Yuri outttttooo

@Halo
Yeah it definitely goes there.
Most of girls in GB will never end up with the MC.
So don't expect Yuri here.
This came from someone who read shittons of Yuri and GB.

Apparently both genre just doesn't work together (it's unlikely to be one and when it does, it was bad. Look at the Vampire Isekai one)

Well if its Yaoi I'll bet all in to Prunus Girl.

Dex-chan lover
@xaelath is right. Most gb girls never end up with another girl. I can probably count the number of times on one hand that they do.

@xaelath I don’t think that’s a fair statement, For existing English translated manga at least it’s just that there’s too few examples and of those examples it nearly always amounts to absolutely nothing, and thats more often then not bad/ lazy writing rather then the genres not working well together. I know of a fair amount of current novel translations where those genres work perfectly fine together (as well as at least in my opinion 3 finished manga, I’d say theres current promising ones, but they don’t have enough chapters out yet to properly judge), although just like with most manga the actual gender bender part is eventually kind of fazed out/forgotten for most, but that’s not the case for all of them. and by vampire one I can only assume you mean this one https://mangadex.org/title/21828/tensei-kyuuketsuki-san-wa-ohirune-ga-shitai I only read the novel translation for this one so I can’t tell you if it’s just a bad adaptation or not (it’s going pretty bloody fast in comparison I can tell you that much) however I’ve checked where the manga is up to and
the “female love interest/s” at this point aren’t actually the long term one for the MC, she will be introduced quite a bit later, and honestly the MC marrying them is very much on the table, so it makes perfect sense romance with the current companions hasn’t been developed, and yes there is a good reason she hasn’t been brought into the story earlier (the story couldn’t have unfolded in the way it has at all if she had been)

@hazzack Me too, so let's call this as the Schrödinger Gayness state.
Is the gayness in this manga alive or dead? We will never know, unless Moricocco-sensei uploads more.

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss
My statement is fair because I did my research and had raw multiple series of raw checked. Yes including HENTAI. I even categorised them in my favourites, there's very few of them.
I can even name some of them as few of them haven't fully translated yet.

You can really count with hand for gender bended male MC really ended up with a girl.

I am not talking about LN though as we are talking about Manga. (Though yeah I did brought up.about Isekai vampire one)

There's a weird conception and trends around Gender bender in Japan. You can read it on Nico Nico Douga under TSF tag.

@xaelath I think you’ve miss understood me I wasn’t completely disagreeing with you, I was just disagreeing with it as a blanket statement. I like to think about like this instead of a needle in a hay stack, it’s more like a gem in a crap heap, sure that heaps almost entirely crap but that doesn’t mean that gem/s aren’t somewhere in there (unfortunately although to a lesser extent this could be applied to gender bender as a whole and many other genres).

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss
A gem in a crap heap. True that,

As far I am concern the concept of GB itself is rather hard to take in when MC ended up with a guy. Otherwise, even if MC ended up with a girl it would be Yuri. (Unless the girl actually a futa or turned into a guy because I know some GB like this)

It's just, in general, I dislike the idea when there's a girl heroine character for Gender Bender, her being there is like exist to be cucked.
Similar to childhood friend trope never wins.

@Xaelath I agree with all that, I also hate when a “heroine” is just used as a plot/comedy device rather then being a important part of the story (especially if she loves the MC), and to me at least me at least when a gender bender (male to female) ends up with a guy, it often comes across as a bit homophobic, it’s like it’s saying if you’re a girl now you have to be attracted to guys (there’s exemptions like this one where I think it’s fairly obvious the MC has attracted to guys or at least his friend before the change)

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss
Bi MC lul.
In general, both way is homophobic depends on one perspective, girl mc ended up with girl = yuri? das gay but I prefer this honestly
Girl mc ended up with a guy = is straight but technically also homo? (some argue that mc body is a girl now until it totally affects his mentality same things could be say above) I would love it if its body swap between couples that would've been funny.

Nowadays I am pretty sure "Hormones" wouldn't really affect a person mentality for liking either gender, it's rather their preferences.
Though undeniably society will look down on stuff like this.

Like about last quote, "If you're a girl now and you're still attracted to a girl then you might be lesbian" is actually a fair argument too.
The same thing could apply if a girl genderswapped to a guy.

@Xaelath I don’t under your argument for how a male to female ending up with a girl could be seen as homophobic ( presuming the one changed was hetro before the change), as sexuality hetro, homo, bi, etc is entirely to do with attraction to the body not the mind. The mind (and therefore romance) is a whole different thing, like a female lesbian (or bi) character could be attracted to a male to female gender bents body, but put off by the fact that they used to be male and thus not be interested in a relationship, but that wouldn’t change the fact that she was gay for their body (for a lack of a better way of putting it) if they weren’t/aren’t put off by the gender bents past state or they overcome being put off, that has nothing to do with if their gay or not it’s about their personality and whether they liked the person enough romantically to overcome that fact, romance is enabled by physical attraction(In some form) or the understanding someone is of the gender your attracted to (putting aside asexuals) not the other way around(putting aside demisexuals)

ps I apologise if I’ve misunderstood your comment I looked over it a couple times and this comment is based on my understanding of what your saying pps your right I can’t think of a Gender bender body swap between two people who are already a couple, rather then two who become a couple after/during, done right that has lots of potential.

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss
You didn't misunderstood.

It's just I didn't understand both side and the homophobic in genderswap.

Code:
romance is enabled by physical attraction(In some form) or the understanding someone is of the gender your attracted to
So which one do you think MC is?

I don't understand this sentence though.
Romance by their looks, and romance after building up relationship and events?

@xaelath firstly the MC would be both as by “understanding someone is of the gender your attracted to” I meant purely the body, I can see how that would be confusing, the reason I added it in the first place was to account for contactless dating.

what I mean is that you can’t be romantically attracted to someone without at least some level of physical attraction(with a few rare exceptions), so I mean that physical attraction (in most cases) is a prerequisite for romance

Dex-chan lover
Yep... this definitely became sad
if she wasnt dating someone i wouldnt mind but as it is seems more painful for Himuka to get close like this.

Users who are viewing this thread