@MrFroztee while I appreciated the re-typesetting, shouldn't this be listed as joint release with Gantz Waitingroom group? also
Rule 2.3.2: Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws.
I don't think the raw is any difference from the previous one, the typesetting doesn't make any big difference either.

The updated grammar is nice! The original scans felt kinda stilted and tough to parse in a lot of places, so I'd love the chance to read it again like this.

@leduo95 I'm hoping I didn't inconvenience anybody with my method of doing this, but I was looking to get my feet wet and Doro was my go-to, being one of my favorite series.

I clarified twice with staff whether it was acceptable to upload an already existing English translation if it has reformatted font, grammar, and syntax; both times they affirmed that so long as I was not simply ripping identical pages, which god knows I realize would be uncool, it would be fine.

I know I could instead have helped some team with some currently ongoing work, but I wanted to pay back the community that already provided me with so much entertainment. So long as I'm still told that what I'm doing is alright, I will continue to upload these revised chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow the relettering looks amazing, keep up the good work!

Group Leader
The paraphrasing is quite good. A few texts could’ve been left alone. Some text boxes had a font that seemed a touch bigger than necessary but overall not too shabby.

Power Uploader
Great effort, man. You're definitely doing the job well and that's fair enough.
Personally I don't get why redoing a second scan version of a manga which already has an official HQ version published, ripped and downloadable by everybody.
I mean, if I went pirate, I'd go pirate HQ. Don't you?

Interesting! I don’t mind a second, updated form of the scanlation. While I’ve read the original Gantz scans and bought the official translation more out of support for Hayashida and loving Doro in general; I have a lot of issues with the official and still find myself rereading the original scanlations from time to time.

Thanks for fixing up the grammar and helping the dialogue flow. I’m still getting used to the font choice and some of the odd spacing in some speech bubbles, but overall can’t wait to reread it again.

I still like to imagine that kaiman and nikaido get fatter and bulkier the series goes on, since they're so skinny in this issue.

Group Leader
Hopefully this will bring back Morten to the scene to make some drama.

QSS

Group Leader
@MrFroztee redoing TS and grammar fixes is fine, but could you not make up dialogue that doesn't exist in the japanese version?
And use better raws than the JPG GWR images. I thought you claimed you were updating the cleans or whatever, but you're just copying their images.
Also, learn how to stroke text.
On top of that, in what world is "!!" and a"wha-" or "gah" an equivalent? Inserting dialogue where there was originally none...
I could go on... But really, why do this when rips of the official viz version that is 3000px height in size, with full typeset SFX, and perfectly good translation/grammar exist? At least go up to par with that before you pretend you're doing fans a favor.

Users who are viewing this thread