Aggregator gang
Yeah I don't think she should interfere with his education as future duke. She should stop treating him like he's some random child from the daycare center she used to work at in her previous life...

Dex-chan lover
Aww I was waiting for Ain to look back at the duke, smile and go heh while holding onto his mother.

@Asean Well, if she continues on this manner, she'll eventually (hopefully) receive a wake-up call about the differences between her past life and her present.

Hm... What kind of poisons are they using to have to develop a tolerance to poison? Does he have to sample all sorts? If it's the most popular poison, like arsenic, then we can rationally assume most of it will be sulfur based and therefore react to silver, right? If they're expecting him to be poisoned quickly and immediately, then it's safe to say that it'll be easier to pick out with testing methods like dissolving it in water to see an unusual change in taste. Even feed it to a rat, since it's not like they have upstanding morals.

If MC really wants to help though, I hope she decks out her other-worldly skills of simple lab practicals for kids and teaches Ain about the ethics of science experiments to see what's poisoned or not. Probably not, but it's one of the few times I feel a traveller from another world will be able to conduct something simple in a basic kitchen.

Contributor
Well, i will go against the popular opinion, and support her for defending ain.

It's precisely because of this education that he became a villain later, and still die even while he was ""perfect"", so what's the point to let him suffer agin for years when you know the end result ?
If she do nothing, an will stay the same as in the novel, hate everyone, and die after having a miserable life, alone since birth.

And of course, she would probably die too if Ain become even more of a psycho.

you guys are psychos.......... I didn't expect to see a comment section full of people disagreeing with her.......... feeding a child poison is abuse no matter how you spin it. it's not rocket science........ you don't need to build immunity or whatever bullshit just be careful and have effective countermeasures ready for worst case scenarios.

@genericlinic
They're not agreeing to abuse the child, they're agreeing that the child, who is going to be in a position of power later in his life, needs poison immunity. Assassination attempts by poison, in food and drink and anything else, is common in this genre. @nasuyu has a good alternative to approaching poison that isn't as inhumane (testing the substance, counteracting with silver or some ingredient, or testing elsewhere).

Imo defending the female lead and Ain is popular opinion and I'm against the female lead's naivete. I'm in favor of @commonelk's comment -- there's a clear difference between MC's expectations and the reality of the world, the duke, and his son, and honestly I'm about to drop this until her character changes cuz she's so one track minded and nothing is changing lol.

Double-page supporter
I like reading both translations since I get 2 perspectives on the wording. Thank you for translating!!!

@marrow Well yea most of you probably loves the character being smartass or edgy in one sweep, but tbf her reaction is what a normal mother will do and it's not entirely her fault for not realizing because Ain is lying to her and pretending to be innocent while this childish tsundere father didn't even tell her about his son and his family's real nature.

The successor have to be resistant to poison so they forced him to drink it? rofl it's like this household is truly messed up and have a lot of enemies, it's good if she received the wake up calls so she understands but act like the abuse is acceptable because of family situation is still edgy and stupid.

That one pic of the Korean (webnovel?) work at the end there looks lewd lel. Look at how he's touching almost (or already?) at her butt. 😂

For those of you wondering, LonelyAF is forced to drop this series since *cough* someone shared their translations on instagram, and thru there people found their discord and etc. Idk about wordexcerpt but now LonelyAF won’t be TL this webtoon :(

Dex-chan lover
Not saying it is a good thing to do but there are real life examples of this kind of thing being done and it does work.

Why the guys in the images at the end look so much like Dio?

What the hell is wrong with u all? it does not matter if he is going to be an important person or he is a little evil, he is still a child and should not be trained like that. she is acting like a normal person and mother, nothing is wrong with that

Idk it might be different if Ain is really innocent but he's not. Though he probably been this way due to his upbringing as a Chide.

Users who are viewing this thread