I saw a post on facebook the reason why the ending was rush is because the Author have "family problems" and she has to leave tokyo and head back to her home province because life right now is hard because of the coronavirus so please we should all respect the author and understand her. :)

Coming from an asian family having a family problem is really a big deal for us especially during a pandemic we have to help at home especially with the elders we need to assist them. :)

Group Leader
they where meant to be re-incarnations or descendants? Probably re-incarnations since some of the showed there where dead ...
But hey, it's a nice " extra", the story was nice and had a good ending, I'm satisfied!
Can't wait for a new serie form his autor

Dex-chan lover
Don't particularly care that much about the whole modern era reincarnation thing, but it's nice. Such a good series, even with things feeling rushed and when some characters should have had more prominence.

We never saw the replacement for Upper Moon Five either, after seeing a new Four and Six. I thought for sure it was being kept hidden so it could blind side them and the readers during the battle. Oh well, guess Muzan just made Kaigaku Six instead of Five for the lols.

Damn. I've already read this on viz but seeing that big end at the chaptername here on mangadex really hit diffrent like this story really is over 😔

it looks like an extra chapter rather than the ending chapter. but who am i to complain? gotoge, thank you for making kimetsu no yaiba! I will be waiting for your next project.

A satisfying story with a subpar ending (IMO) While I do like seeing my ships sail its a bit disapointing to see how the series that was so well paced before ended. The entire Post defeat Muzan struggle just seemed rushed and unnecessary as well as the pacing of the story feeling faster post chapter 100. Now I did binge most of the series (Chapters 1-176) so that might have affected it. Overall I would probbaly still give it a solid 8/10 but man was this kind of jarring/disappointing. I cant really put it into words but I am not really satisfied with this ending (Final 10 chapters)

What purpose does this chapter serve to the story? I don't care about modern era that has nothing to do with demons. I'd rather see their peaceful life right after the demons were defeated and how the demons being gone affect people's life of that era.

To the people wondering why the ending feel rushed, it's because the author is having family issues which forces her to put an indefinite hold on her career as a mangaka so that she could move out of Tokyo and back to her family.

It was a good ending. Guess people aren't fine with happy endings in general, as in Bleach and Naruto.

Also, people seem to forgetting that it was tale about a brother's promise to his sister to turn back to human and to kill Muzan, which he succeeded. The final arc started dwindling from Muzan's fight and ended up being anticlimatic. I kinda wished we could see more of Demonjirou but yeah having more antidote seemed reasonable. The antidote definitely made all plot a joke but at the same time made sense. Maybe it could've been executed better without the breakneck pace.

7/10 Overall for me. -1 for breakneck pace; -1 for introduction of unnecessary Demonjirou, lack of explanation of mark, and overpowered antidote; and -1 for huge timeskip which would be unnecessary without a sequel.

Dex-chan lover
@aspakrian That sounds like it's a bit more involved than one chapter could do justice. If they tried to squeeze it in with this number of pages, people probably would've just complained that it didn't show enough about everyone. That kind of ending isn't terribly satisfying for me at any rate, I have seen things do it a few times and it always ignores the "show, don't tell" part of writing because there just isn't space. In this case everyone would pretty much need their own chapter or something since it's not like everyone stuck together in one big group all the time.

@gmkrenko You should probably source stuff like that, otherwise it just sounds like rumors. Which it kind of is without an official source I suppose. Does the author have a twitter account this got mentioned on or something? The publisher might have one if not but I dunno what kind of stuff they'd even post about with it. But if this did come from some official source I guess it leads back around to the other subject I just touched on. Can't do much with limited time and space.

in case why the ending was rushed.
97584824_132647811723693_3905858995742572544_n.jpg

i dont know if this was real or just baseless rumors

i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the siblings looking exactly like their (however many) great grandparents.
and also tanjirou and nezuko's descendants dating each other.
...why does this chapter reek of incest?

welp, at least the second to last chapter was good enough, i think i'll just delete this one from my memory. that's it. KnY finished at 204 chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread