So nezuko’s reincarnation is in love with kanao’s male reincarnation? They’re also third cousins too

It’s meh i guess i think it’s true that the author rushed it after all but I wasn’t really expecting something grand in the first place, it’s a pretty normal shounen manga (slightly above average) but it was fun

Ok ending, at least it didn't prolong with layered enemies, straight up to the point, but as series overall a very mediocre and generic shounen. This series just got lucky to be animated by Ufotable so it could be big but that's it. 6/10

the story was short but sweet, and the overall series was enjoyable even tho it wasn't that high on the pedestal, but i enjoyed it quite alot and this was a wholesome ending. 7/10

Aahh. I didn't like this ending except for the picture at the end. It should have just ended with a big party, with TanJiro and friends married with children. It's like he abandoned his characters and the entire genre in the last chapter. It can't really be called the end, but some silly generic school story he tack on after the actual last chapter.

Man, I just finished binge reading the entire manga. Its 5 AM and I feel so many things! Thank you to the author for giving me the chance to read this manga! I really enjoyed it!
I really wish I had a friend like Tanjiro though. If only real people could live so honestly and with such clarity. This was a story about people overcoming the despair and hardships of their lives, and becoming the best possible versions of themselves. Its a shounen so no complicated ambiguities, just pure good vs bad (where even the bad guys get redeemed as people who had a hard life). I wish communication between people was so effective like in this manga. That you can communicate your intention to help people, or you can communicate the hurt feeling. In the real world, good people hurt each other for fairly stupid reasons mostly. For example, a character like Tanjiro, in the real world, would end up hurting people by assuming things about them and by trying to help them when they didn't ask for it.
May be the richness and complexities is what makes life so interesting, even more than a manga. But I digress.
I definately look forward to a second and third season of anime.

@TrapKawaiiDesune

Likely a combination of Shintoism and Buddhism like most Japanese people.

Buddhism believes in both hell and reincarnation. It’s complicated to explain and I’m not certified to explain it fully, but basically there are 8 realms you reincarnate into depending on how virtuous or sinful you were. Hell is where the worst people go.

Though it should be noted that Hell in Buddhism isn’t a permanent thing like Christianity, it’s a temporary destination where Souls work off their sins.

Fed-Kun's army
this series has been a wild ride, i'm glad i could enjoy it with everyone.
And to the author and translators, thank you very much for creating this.

I love the characters and hate the author and their crappy plot writing. It has no consistency, it’s filled with unreasonable and random plot/information building, and the emotional beatings (especially at the end) are crude audience engagements to me. Overall, I love the characters, hate the author, and grudgingly applaud for its high yet emotionally frustrating audience engagement.

The last chapter, I can’t believe I could actually hate a manga more for its nonsense. A combination of reincarnation with future descendants of the main protagonist team? Out of all the nonsensical and random theories & explanations the manga gives, this one irritates me the most. I can’t help but still be further disappointed by this slapped “happy ever after” ending that doesn’t even seem to respect the original characters... there was so much potential quality to this.

I’ll forever remember and cherish the characters but I’m never rereading this manga (nor any works of this author) ever again.

Edit: I wrote this right after basically binge reading everything in less than 4-ish days, so my initial comment is full of hurt. The positives parts are the cute drawings and humor, which genuinely made me laugh and smile, and how heart-wrenching and understandable some of the emotional backstories, buildup, and relationships are.

This sucked. Should've ended with Nezuko having to kill Tanjiro since he was a demon. F*** this s***. This is dog poop

it wouldve been a better ending if they ended at the last chapter instead of this reincarnation thing

Thank you Gotouge-sensei for all work you put into this series 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. And thank you for the hard work you've all done, translators!! I hope that the Author's family is going to be well and that they too, will be ok!

Remeber, KnY is based off Buddhist ideas

Everyone is in a constant cycle of rebirth. When one person dies, if they have bad karma they go to hell to work it off. If they have good karma they go to heaven and will stay there until they use up all their good karma. Eventually,either way, u will be reincarnated. The only way to escape this cycle of rebirth is through enlightenment.

Double-page supporter
Inosuke is just so cute :3
I believe the reincarnation and descendants are actually prototype characters that the authors did for this manga but end up changing it to our current setting.

Overall, it was great. Closing all loose ends. Providing a vague but predictable ending saying that the future is great and the potential demon outbreak never reappear.

Probably better than all of the suggested endings made by haters in this comment section :)

Users who are viewing this thread