Relatable: trying to get work done, stuck inside while the weather is nice, then when you think you're finally done, more stuff comes your way and you can't get away!
Poor guy.

Hmmm... I read chapter 11 & 12. Ain can't afford to stop the poison training. The Duke explains the reason but MC doesn't believe him. Looks like she'll be learning this the hard way :\

There's a difference between a loving mother and ignorant mother. They say a lioness throw their cubs off the cliffs but that doesn't mean they don't love them. So please make her realize everything soon before this annoyance turn into hate ><"

Aggregator gang
Am I crazy or is that not how poison works at all? I feel like if you took a bunch of lethal poisons trying 'to build an immunity' you would just die no?

Fed-Kun's army
@ sinkingship

It depends on the poison. There are some you can use the method of mithridatism (i.e. what is going on in the story), but there are certainly some poisons that mithridatism simply doesn't work on. It really depends on the substance in question, however, there's proof in day to day life that mithridatism works, after all, it's how your body builds a tolerance for the poison called alcohol.

Aggregator gang
Was it Ain doing it to make sure his father dosen’t interfere?

Thank you very much for continuing this series

Story wise, I find the dynamic of the family is very interesting, it's sweet and cruel at the same time. The father and son are so smitten with the mom but still being cold and ruthless to everyone else, the father and son will protect the mom so hard, liked it.

Dex-chan lover
Heh. She's slowly turning these two things into people just by virtue of being an innocent little creature they need to look out for.

Thank you so much! So wait, someone else is going to pick up the comic after ch 16?

With the mother stopping Ain from drinking poison, it's not reasonable. If she was back in modern times, yes, it would be abuse. She needs to have some kind of "breakthrough" that she can't necessarily enforce her customs (which are most likely absurd to others in this time of age).

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the update! Looking forward to your last update as well~

It's hilarious to find the duke all restless coz of his wife lol

https://wordexcerpt.com/series/i-became-the-villains-mother-webtoon/
you can read the 11-12 here, word excerpt is still releasing on a regular schedule for this series. they release on their website first, so they might put all their other chapters for this series on mangadex soon.

hmmm does that mean that after chapter 16 is released another group is going to pick it up and scanlate it starting with chapter 1?

Dex-chan lover
lmao these idiots in chat apparently missed the part about them being experts in poison, and exposition in this chapter clearly revealed their damn good at treatment too.

Hello??? If you can nearly die from the so-called "training" then it's not training at all, it's just gambling. Get used to making antidotes instead. Fun fact, there's a lot of poisons IRL that you can ingest and survive as long as you get the damned antidote.

You people have it backwards, they are fighting poison the wrong way in the first place and it's pretty stupid regardless of it not being modern era. Medicine is one of the oldest sciences in human history (dating back to 2600 BC), the in-universe author of this novel must've been one of those types who conveniently omit common sense for the sake of convenient plot. Thankfully this woman is from a more civilized era and will eventually guide them towards the path of medicine instead of stupidity.

P.S. Duke was kawaii this chapter. lel Trying so hard to get through work looked so earnest. Gap moe?

He yeeted the chair but in the next page the chair was there behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread