im home since april, getting fully paid as well ... its pretty cool not having to work while getting fully paid for 2 months but its really annoying that you cant leave your home >_> but we are allowed to meet up with another household now as long as it doesnt exceed the number of 2 households but i think in germany we have the hardest time behind us so i guess we are only getting improvements from now on while the politicians are whining about how we made 6% less money than last year because of this... at least the company im working for isnt crying about how they made 300 million less profit ... you know 6,3 billion or 6 billion xD its still profit

Dex-chan lover
@Flupser

Germany? Be thankful. Every other country in the world is handling this plague better than we are over in America. Even got idiots trying to get their families killed, and people yelling at us to come outside and be the "only 5% sacrificed" for them so that we die and they live.

They don't even understand how that works. Just going to wait for them to die off.

@Kayriel that's fear mongering bullshit, America is doing extremely well all things considered. The high numbers in america is purely due to high availability of testing and high population. Other countries just stop counting like china or pretend like its not real like most third world countries. Generally what I've seen is people hating on americans for not wanting to go back to work are also praising the communist party for their inhuman treatment of their citizens, or using it for guidance as Germany and other western European countries are doing.

Dex-chan lover
@optiso, unfortunately, the high numbers in america cannot simply be explained due to high testing and high population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Have a look at the Tests/1m pop column and Cases/1m pop column.
We see that America's testing rates are very similar to other developed nations, and it blows almost all the other countries out of the water in terms of cases whether you look at cases/1m or total cases.
America ain't going too hot. Especially if we compare it to a place with Australia, which has similar levels of testing and culture. Though of course they're quite different.

It's good to be optimistic though, during a crisis.

Dex-chan lover
America is doing terribly due to its federal (country-wide) government being run by billionaires who do not give a shit about anything except their short-term (and long term, but a bit less) personal profits. Even the worst kinds of people can follow simple directions provided there's proper effort in explanation and distributing some needed supplies. After the first set of directions with social distancing + masks, there has been no plan at all.

Doesn't help that what should be our leaders downplayed the issue initially, until they couldn't any longer. Not to mention have a very easily found history of being chronic liars for anyone that may not be aware of it at this time. Plus, re-allocating money that should have been for the country's people (in multiple areas) into their own bank accounts over the years.

At state level and smaller, several are also run by those same kinds of greedy uncaring idiotic asses. But not all, maybe not even most (I hope); I know in some terrible states that various cities/areas were still closed when the state supposedly re-opened. My city in particular has people being smart about it (thankfully), and our local government has given more clear cut dates and directions of what will happen going forward.

Greed + an already broken economy + bad leadership = people who don't know what to do, and can't always afford actual essentials.

There's a lot to say about the ignorant/less educated citizens in the country, along with certain areas' local cultures, but that's another thing.

Considering all the issues as a whole, America is doing better than I personally expected. But objectively, it's not doing so well in handling anything. The problems that were already in place did no favors in dealing with coronavirus.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope the legislation to effectively force everyone into work whether they want to or not or no matter the risk to the workers won't pass.

@Nicromatic And yet, death per million is half that of other European countries. The one number you can't fake without a massive coverup.

A lot of the variations come from countries using different test kits. Nothing is standardized. If you do the anti body test you wind up with 10x to 50x the amount of cases.

@123hamster Much of the variation in deaths per million, once they're in the thousands, can largely be accounted for by the population demographics. Countries with older populations, like Italy, have had more deaths. Countries with younger populations, like the US, have had fewer. The more people a country has in the 80+ demographic, the more they have at much higher risk of dying from the disease.

Users who are viewing this thread