using the rules to just score a pity draw when your opponent is kicking your ass its just something that a weakling would do, the only thing i learned from this fight is that medel has no quality to fight in a kengan tournament.

That's actually very smart, taking down the enemy with you, ensuring a tie. Damn!

do we think this sets the stage for the rest of the fighters? I mean Medel was an amazing fighter against someone else he maybe could have won? but what do we really expect from here? Im SOOOOO happy wongsawat used his Muay Thai....seeing that they made it not as spectacular as I think they should have AND with his connection to Royalty, i think he secretly REALLY uses Muay Boran (muay thai but ALL death Blow techniques, utilized by the royal army in ancient Thailand) the tournament from Kengan Asura you saw somewhat of an escalating level of technique.....which should mean with this tournament we should get people changing forms again in the later fights i think.....what do you guys think will happen progression wise in terms of technique and amazing abilities shown? who do you think will be the God tier like the beard was In Asura?

NIB

Dex-chan lover
that was ingeniously dirty
purgatory is just a poor man's budokai tenkaichi

If the floor was lava, Medel and Gaolang would have died.

I'd say it's more Gaolang's fault for not being aware of his footing, him being unable to really decipher his opponent's hidden intentions and getting baited whilst he already had been informed how different the Purgatory match rules were than the far more simple and direct Kengan Association match rulesets.

Fact of the matter is even in real life, if you threw someone off a cliff, you win. If you explode someone with a grenade instead of engaging in fist fights, you win. Does it matter how you killed/defeated your opponent? No I think not. Sure, people will shit on you because "much honour", "true Chads butt heads instead of gay ninja tactics" and such and it may be true. You could be physically inferior.

Except, humans are not supposed to be all about brawn only. Your IQ and intellect and cunning matters a lot too; I'd say even a bit more than sheer battle prowess. For fighters, especially those engaged in a battle of wits and tactics, if you aren't physically superior to your opponent enough to completely remove any sort of tactics and stategy they could employ to defeat you, why, then you'd better sharpen your brain and keep uo your wits at all times unless you want to get duped and outmanoeuvred by your opponent into losing.

Also, the mangaka put out the ring outs to make things more interesting. Of course, Kengan Association fighters were paranoid about it but hadn't truly grasped how dangerous and worrisome that rule could be, as Gaolang found out when he got baited by it. It's not fair to him because as a Kengan fighter all the matches he has had till now had no ring-out rules and thus his ingrained instincts were not acting up to inform him he was committing a mistake and about to get baited hard.

As for Medel, I agree his cool outlook disappearing was a bit of a downer but as a fighter who got pushed out back to the walls when he understood that Gaolang's defense, tankiness and Deus Ex Machina Diamond Fist were too much for his capabilities, him coming out with a tactic to win the match even though he knew he lost the battle of martial might, solidified a good example of what a true Purgatory fighter is at heart. I understand now what Toyoda meant by entertaining fights. Kengan matches are good to see and everything depends on the skills and wits of the fighters and what they bring to the floor but Purgatory fighters have more dimensions to make fights interesting.

If Gaolang had not gone full beatdown mode and remembered that there were still some avenues for victory for Medel, I believe he would have won. Could have countered Medel's bait and kicked him away out of the ring with a full-powered frontal Muay Thai kick/knee but alas!

Still, now that the ring out rule has been brought to the attention of the Kengan Association fighters as a worrisome tactic that could add advantages or disadvantages depending on how adept they feel in applying or countering it, it was a low-hanging fruit that was bound to be used in the versus matches sooner than later. No Purgatory fighter worth his salt would have missed that useful tactic that the Kengan Association fighters were not acclimatised with seriously.

It's like being told by your fellow CS: GO teammates that the new grenades have a different timer setting update, not fully internalising that information in your head and staring in confusion as you blow yourselves up cooking the grenade too long.

To each their opinions though. I wonder how they are going to rule out the winner in this double ring-out scenario.

Tbh people is salty about the ring out because it's done by the opposing team instead of the Hero's team.

If Koga was choosen as one of the fighter of Kengan Association and then pull out a similar move (a ring out by baiting) people will be less salty about it because he's at least got 1 score for Kengan and will excuse it as a necessary move since he's probably not strong enough to beat Purgatory's fighter in a straight up fight.

@Booyah-FF
Not really, anyone with any common sense would understand that Koga should get stomped by any and all fighters here.
A ring out win for him would still be an asspull so that argument doesn't really work.

Dex-chan lover
goof in page 16 and last page : the mexican guy was punched in his mouth , or between his eyes ?

Ring fucking outs?! No this is an underground battle royal. Please don't tell me we got to deal with bullshit technicalities like that. It should either be quit or death like the previous tournament. This development just made things much lamer.

Also we all know Gaolang was WAY stronger than this clown who took the pathetic way out. Gaolang is much more superior in Mauy Thai than boxing and he didn't even have use his Mauy Thai for this dude. Sucks they cheated him out of this win.

God what a jobber. Gaolang better get a redemption fight later, he's too cool to be taken out by this bitch made loser.

Well that was a stupid ending. I didn't like that rule from the beginning, though the ten count rule wasn't bad, and I kinda figured at least one of the early fights was going to go this way due that dumbass rule. Sucks it had to be Gaolang though.

I was so fcking hyped for gaolang and then this shit happend??
Give this man a good win with an kanoh agito class type fighter, he needs it

Users who are viewing this thread