Dex-chan lover
@SunSun First of all, did I call her a sociopath? Where did you get that? Don't put words in my mouth.

Second, she absolutely doesn't care about laws. From what I've read of them, this is a consistent trait for FUNA's isekai protagonists. As I said, she way she treats them clearly shows that she's just working a system instead of having any stake or value in the system itself. It's a tool to be used and she's using it to look out for number one. She leverages them so they work for her as much as possible and restrain her as little as possible.

Her watching the ecosystem, economy, and world's cultural development doesn't disprove any of this. Another consistent trait is that they generally try to take responsibility for their own actions. That is absolutely unrelated to whether or not they're lawful.

And I'm going to assume your first sentence as saying she'll benefit from turning them in. ...Would she care about that? She's already besties with the royal family there is absolutely no need to curry favor. Hence my original question, "why react so extremely?"
If she saw trouble ahead of time and wanted to use it as a convenient excuse to nip a problem in the bud, I'd buy it and that's exactly the sort of thing she'd do-leveraging the law to unintentionally benefit her. If this random schmuck's actions would cause a tangible harm to people she knew like said royal family, I would also buy that she'd act on their behalf just because she likes them. Just because it's the lawful response is the one answer I don't and won't buy.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun
The thing is, she didn't arrest him immediately upon his greeting. She had to listen to him first before she sent him off. Something tells me she doesn't really care about that sort of law and only evoked it in this instance out of convenience.

I wasn't implying that the felony didn't exist. I meant that it was secondary in her intentions, which was to keep him as far away as possible.

@Onsokumaru Nah look at the last group's profile here: https://mangadex.org/group/11591/lotus-in-the-mire They don't mind groups picking up their translations

It's quite good for the first time translating, there's no incoherent English. I think the typesetting could use some work but that's about it

Aggregator gang
It’s rough, but totally readable. Nice job for your first scanlation

Aggregator gang
The quality of newer ones are stunning, such improvements, really well done.

Dex-chan lover
They made collete take the entire trip alone? they said it takes 2 days was that by foot? anyway it sure as hell isnt a childs walking speed so that probably took forever

Users who are viewing this thread