@Nyarumi no idea, I'm not from the mangadex staff so I can't say when they added this rule. You can check it though, I'm not making this up.

Though I'll just say that, as a reader, I find it normal that such a rule exist. I don't want to read political ads (especially about foreign political matters that are in no way related to me) when I'm browsing mangadex to read my mangas. If the staff starts to allow stuffs like that then the website is just going to become hell when the American elections will come up. We came to read mangas, not to partake in political debates and I think that everything that allow for such political debate to happen in here should be prohibited. This place should stay as apolitical as possible in my opinion. But that's just my two cents.

I hope that you understand that, as a reader, I'm still grateful for the free translation. I really am. But it doesn't mean that I'm willing to put up with just anything.

Dex-chan lover
@Kekitus
No, see, it's okay because this time it's for a good cause and therefore if you stay silent in these matters it means you're endorsing what caused this recent shitstorm to happen.
The tone-deafness of the whole thing is outstanding.

@Nyarumi Thank you for your understanding. And again, thank you so much for the free translation, I'm really grateful for it.

Double-page supporter
Aight so, don't want to get too into this, but as a reader from Chile who isn't politically involved at all, I don't care at all if pages like that are put on the credits, especially considering the cause that it is supporting. While I understand that people might get annoyed with stuff like that, considering how little it is (it's just a few links to donate for gods sake it's not a fucking essay on the matter) I definetily think that it should be allowed to stay, but then again, that's just me and if there's a rule against it, let things be as the way they should. Be aware though that that kind of indiference is exactly what started this whole convoluted mess.

The One
Staff
Admin
@Nyarumi Rule 3.2.7 was added around Christmas of last year, when we had some groups that decided to use their credits page to bring IRL politics into scanlation. This behavior came from both alt-right and whatever the equivalent left group would be called. They attempted to shove their political view onto their users, then publicly shame them in the comments section if they disagreed, completely derailing the chapter comments thread from being focused on the chapter at all leading to hundred+ long comments threads and tons of reports for us.

While we do empathize with the feeling of wanting to help the protesters, the side effect of allowing politics of any kind it seems, creates an overburden of work on our few mods who, like all other staff, are just volunteers.

Your "fix" is now breaking other rules by luring users to another website to read the chapter instead of on MD, so I took the chapter down.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone pls explain to me why some of the chapters isn't available anymore.??

Dex-chan lover
@Istsun

What do you mean??is the answer on my question was on the previous post??
Okay,I'm on it....thank you for the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread