Man, once this is done with and collected, it's going to be awesome.
And there'll be the prototype chapters as collector's items.

So Phoenix man going to chick man is to show us that monsters can devolve like what happens to
black sperm.

idk how i feel about these changes. on one hand i really like the new mental aspect of the fight where phoenix tries to mess with his head and make him come to his side, but saitama and zombieman help him out of it, but at the same time we don't get the cool transformations phoenix had before, and most of all i'm really sad he didn't keep that mega laser, it was so cool. also in this new version CE might not have won if it weren't for saitama, which is kinda disappointing when comparing it with the first version. Also i hope it doesn't change too much the next chapters, i really like the zombieman one, i hope he won't have to change too much in the next chapters to have them make sense.

btw i haven't read the original webtoon but from what i've read in the comments, the changes he's making are being more faithful to the webtoon. if it's to end up making that decision i'm not really sure why he even wanted to make a different version in the first place. i get that he probably didn't know he would end up changing so much of the story, but if there's the possibility of having to go back and change shit up, might as well not do it, he makes more work for himself when he could avoid it and ends up making the story a lot more confusing. anyway it's just my opinion but yeah i hope he manages to tie the chapters together well without changing too much of them, and it's a bit disappointing to have cool shit not be canon anymore.

Dex-chan lover
the previous chapter was epic to me... this on the other hand its... meh...

also
child emperor is supposed to be smart, surely he saw and analyzed that saitama is super strong just by punching the two s class criminal... this chapter he act too dumb for his character...

This revision is really boring and uneventful, I don't understand why does it exist. It's beyond disappointing compared to the original chapters. At least Birdbrain is still alive.

Group Leader
Lol, all the revisions reminds me of the SCP foundation where often the story changes to hide what really happened.
But ok, I'm fine with pretty much anything.

Maybe there's a reality shifting monster in there, one that change the fate of minor events.

Fed-Kun's army
Reddit boys would need to make a "Canon" timeline at this pace

Its really weird how this fight is by far the most re-done, even though from the start it was one of the best in the series. I almost feel like other fights are more needing of fleshing out, considering how if you ask a manga reader what their favorite fights are, odds are they'll say "metal bat vs garou, CE vs Phoenix, and probably flashy flash vs the ninjas." I understand that this is setting up for the future, but its odd how much change a great fight is going through

Aggregator gang
I liked this version alot more, it shows CE more childish side and its cute and I love it!

Double-page supporter
saitama knows.....and it's nice to see saitama got more screen helping behind the scene...

Dex-chan lover
@Willieddd I don't think it's devolve., he's basically used up all his energy. He needs a senzu bean.
On the other hand,
BS lost all the other cells that make him that strong. As a single cell he only has that much strength ever. He's basically an Organic Voltron that lost all it's other parts.

I'm agnostic on these rewrites, they're definitely interesting and add a ton of actual story to what happens, but I was fine with the original fights too.

My only complaint is that this rewrite got rid of the Naked Ninjas scene. Story really needs more ninjas to flash Saitama. He needs some variety in his life.

This is so unnecessary and takes so much credit from CE characterdevelopment, and confligates the timeline even further, since Saitama is now down there.

Dex-chan lover
While i also think this rewrite attempt isnt great, it's a nice departure from all the super serious shounen fights that have been going on for a good while.

Dex-chan lover
when a phoenix dies , it will burn and turn into ashes , and from the ashes , a baby phoenix will be born . the virgin brat child emperor is stupid because he spare the life of the baby phoenix . chickens grow very fast , so a few months later , the baby phoenix will grown into an adult phoenix with full powers again .

in this version , the authors let phoenix man live and they tried to humanize him because he was a normal human . but they failed to humanize him because his face was so bland , so plain .

page 21 : fukking brat , how dare he thinks genos and saitama are evil spies ?

page 22 :
in the previous version , it is okay for the ninjas to show their d!cks because only saitama , an adult , was there .
but in this version , it is not okay because there are 2 brats here as well , lol .

page 26 , saitama : "what a good dog" . now i guess this scene makes saitama wanting to adopt a loyal pet dog later , lol , you get it ? wink , wink .

This chapter was changed way too much. Every recent revision made major changes, which would lead to more revisions. As long as they don't mix things up too much, it's ok-ish but I'm seriously not sure whether this chapter's revision made it better or worse. At least Yuusuke Murata Sensei's art is always good.

Double-page supporter
I think I could understand why ONE make sure Phoenixman is alive. I think he would expand to watchdog man story later.

Since they have mentioned they are costume buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread