the double wammy of Ojou chara named AshitanO Jou is fucking brilliant, I need more of her immedietly

I hope they get separated in the next sem and build more character development or something! COME ON! PLEASE GODDAMN

Dex-chan lover
it's actually a reference to Ashita no Jou, not Ippo i think. did some digging around and this is what i made sense of it.

It's a reference to Ashita no Joe not Ippo, Joe is the OG boxing manga!

3 days later, seeing people missing the obvious joke and still trying to correct the reference really amuse me.
Komi-scan you glorious bastard.

Ashitano Jou, definitely a Hajime no Ippo reference, totally not an Ashita no Joe reference 😀

Aggregator gang
Tho komi don't speak much but when she does the amount of power Komi's word holds is world shattering, might as well call her one word-woman(like one punch man). Taking out the op of ops with just one word.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, I got legit mad at someone literally called Ashitano Jou being referred to as an Ippo Reference. I really hope you're just trolling.

It's chapters like this that really epitomize the whole spinning its wheels, cash cow, screw story telling genre. First, so many new characters all at once. They're all meaningless. They'll almost never be mentioned again. Second, it really emphatically the fact that Komi either has already achieved her goal of having a lot of friends or that she'll basically never actually achieve her goal of becoming less socially awkward. This chapter was almost entirely meaningless.

That page 14 joke is cruel, komi-scan. More people need to read Ashita no Jo, don't set them on a different path.
For those who don't get it:
There's a classic boxing manga called "Ashita no Jo", and when you consider "Ashitano" is an "Ojou"(princess curls and all), it becomes clear that's the actual reference. Komi-scan are trolling because the stool scene that marks the end of the last fight in the series is referenced in a ton of manga, especially other boxing manga like Hajime no Ippo.

Users who are viewing this thread