Hahahaha, they tried ti!

Also, why don't they just give some of the food away? Though I guess it wouldn't be so funny if they did that...

Can literally just stick bread into the freezer, though I'd always been taught to put the bread bag into another bag first. Rarely the top crust has come out kind of stiff on me, like it got dried out a little while the rest of the loaf didn't, but you can trim that edge off or toast the bread fine.

I hate how Japan has cool foods like curry bread and the other one that people bring for lunches and we just have sandwiches, i mean, sandwiches are fine and all, but what the hell is curry bread, and why does it sound so good?

@musicfreak12 Actually, some people freeze, the way one would 'frozen meat', and some opt to just chill in the refrigerator. Both options are viable. As for whether it comes out wet and soggy, no. It's completely fine once the bread is left to reach room temperature.

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 There's also the option of letting the bread dry up, and then put it in the blender to get crumbs you use to make deep fried dishes (like for exemple tonkatsu). In this form, the bread can last for months, or even a year if you make sure no moisture or insects get in, and you can control how thin or thick you want the flakes to be for various purposes.

Fed-Kun's army
@TimeVolt japan has some good food but do yoy know what they dont have? Fried butter,chicken fried steak... And fried mac n cheese balls

Dex-chan lover
@attractdistract
Huh, I was expecting to get all wet because... You know... Ice is made from a water, but if it isn't then thats great, I might want to try it someday

@Muriuki
"Drying it up" as in "Left it in the sun" just like how you dry a laundry? Or do you need to dehydrate it with some kind of machine?

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 No, just left to dry in the air. Bread is mostly dry to begin with, unless you're in a particularly wet environment, so it will naturally dry up and harden.

Dex-chan lover
I know I'm going to sound like a stereotype rn but I don't care. I am just jealous about how Japan can get those THICK slices of bacon. Its expensive af to get those sizes too. Maybe I can make a cheese and bacon bread like that one day.... One day.

Dex-chan lover
this reminds me of that time i entered a similar contest, where the prize was a psp. i actually couldn't believe i won. haven't had much luck since then tho .

Dex-chan lover
@Aslinn
Of course people can do that, but some people are a bit conscious about wasting food. I am one of those, and I want to know what Western people do about their bread if they don't want to waste it

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 South italy We use stale bread to make meatballs
Soak the bread in water for half hour
Squeeze the water out of the bread once it soften up and all that
Then put minced meat, eggs and salt, plus any shit you may want to add (we add some grated cheese for example and some pepper)
mixed all the shit together into balls then either fry them on the pan, in the oven or inside the meat sauce.

Dex-chan lover
@Serpente915
That.... Actually sounds pretty good lol.
Then does that mean you can "cook" stale bread safely? Does the heat kill the mold or something?

BTW, at what stage do bread considered to be "stale" but not "moldy", do they smell or changes color?

Dex-chan lover
Stale bread is 2/3 days old bread, hard as rock but still safe to eat (but not for your teeth) unless the bread is kept in terrible condition then when it start molding you can just trash it

Aggregator gang
With old (dry) bread, you can always make french toast. I have an old baguette that's been lying around in the old baguette bag (that every household should have) for legit 2 years. I should use it for some french toast sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread