What's this fighter's weird gimmick gonna be? Honestly it feels like every kengan fighter is a different fighting style or physical trait more grounded in reality and then purgatory is just gimmicks and silly over the top geniuses who can master fighting styles from reading a book. It's like he keeps trying to one up each fighter with the next one when all we want is cool mma style fights.

Dex-chan lover
HOLD IT - Was Kuroki's Line hard to translate in a sense? What he says about "those without rights, and those with worth" feels off or hard to understand somehow.

Fed-Kun's army
Rihito actually lost to this weeb? I swear to God if Julius loses too..

Aggregator gang
I hate team match like this... I prefer more individual fight like in the first series. Each fight is interesting, doesn't matter which side is winning. While in this kind of team match, the only way to build suspense is by making the kangen loose... lame...

Group Leader
Meh. So much for Rihito hype. I'm severely disgustedly disappointed.

That one-hit KO tho. Ninja-weeb isn't worth any shit for the Devil Lance.

Dex-chan lover
@Chromoz
No need for a sequel, considering even after this tournament finishes, this manga would still have had less fights compared to KA. I imagine after this tournament is done and after they deal with any Worm shenanigans during it, if any, we’ll be back to Koga and him climbing up the ranks against the New Generation + promising Purgatory fighters after the merge alongside the Worm and a Tiger’s Vessel plot.

I imagine Mudo actually has some martial arts technique to his fighting style, but that may be too obvious of a contrast against Julius’ pure focus on building up the strength of his muscles alone. If it’s not this, maybe they both are pure power fighters, and it becomes a contrast of how exactly their strength was built up? Possibly Mudo having tougher bones or whatever (I’ve seen that come up in stories, that having strong bones helps with the display of strength; it was a fantasy story, though, so no idea how true to life that is) and Julius has superior muscles?

Dex-chan lover
I hope there will be more mismatched opponents in future matches cause I tire of mirror matches. Anyways Im still excited for the fight of Julius.

Dex-chan lover
After all of Julius' scenes in the bonus and omake strips, Im really rooting for him

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck off you shitty ninja weeb

"I was more powerful than him this time" FUCKING BULLSHIT. You brought in a fucking outside substance. Poison. If that shit wasn't in the match, Rihito would have sliced you up with the Devils Razor Edge. Even the fucking death doctor is legitimate. Using his OWN BONES to create blades. It is a part of him. YOU AREN"T CREATING FUCKING POISON FROM YOUR OWN BIOLOGY.

Get fucking karate chopped by the Beard

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, did he really just copy-paste and mirror the same body before drawing their features on for the stare-down? They seem way too identical.

Double-page supporter
@LordTartaros I think there will be fewer mirror matches for the rest of the tournament. Unless Purgatory also has someone with Wakatsuki's muscle mutation he's likely not to have a mirror-match. Agito wants to fight the 6th fang but the latter wants to avoid Agito to piss him off; it's possible the author will have Agito snipe him during the next set of 3 where the Kengan Association gets the counterpick, but otherwise the 6th fang is probably fighting Ryuki to sort out their beef. Hard to tell for the rest since we have so little info on Purgatory's fighters, but the one mirror I'm betting is yet to come is Ohma's vs the Worm's fighter.

Personally I find mirror matches to be dependent on the author's skills. Sometimes interesting nuances can be highlighted that make the fight entertaining.

Dex-chan lover
Doing hand signs with those broken fingers? Falcon deserves some respect for that.

Double-page supporter
Wouldn't it be great if this fight was finished in one punch? We haven't seen those as much as in the prequel.

Users who are viewing this thread