Dex-chan lover
You know, I think the only one who's gonna die is the ring itself, no way it's gonna support these 2 monsters now... and it would be fun if they literally destroy the arena and the referee decides that this match can't be decided with off the ring KO because there's no way to tell xD

Double-page supporter
Man, those two losses were full of shit. Hope they step up from now on.

Dex-chan lover
You all are talking about winning and losing, but don't you think the tournament would be more interesting if it ended in a draw? :thonk: ^.-

why the fuck are they letting them get the counter pick when they are down 0-2?

edit: reread ch58 and answered my own question.

i feel like during one of the rounds the kengan fighters just need to put their pride aside and do something resembling counterpicking. A lot of the fights are gonna be mirrors because of how people want to fight and i feel like half the fights left are obvious. Kengan need a win or two or its gonna feel like the purgatory will just curbstomp. My next best idea is that the newer fighters are all gonna win and fang.

Dex-chan lover
Dropped.
I've been finding Omega's writing to be increasingly lacking as the series went and this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
You don't set-up a "loser" character redemption just to make them lose at the end of it all so that they remain a loser and a complete joke. What is even the point? For an epic subversion? Yup. Totally satisfying pay-off there for the readers.
Even if 200 chapters down the road Rihito goes and FINALLY wins it'll just feel like a pity win and have no emotion or feeling behind it.

Dex-chan lover
@Midoriha
i dunno, maybe things don't always go the way you hope? that's how I've been reading it. I actually really like the fact that I'm not sure who will actually win these fights. Like, I never thought Ohma was gonna lose at the end of Kengan, he's on the damn cover! but he did, and that's unusual. Unusual is good, for me.

So you have a pupil that naturally have stronger fingers than his master, even when the master is someone who trained his fingers for as long as he practiced martial arts. Said pupil lost to a weeb using poison, then you have the master making a comment that his pupil have a SSR finger strength that not even him could match.

That actually makes Rihito's loss even worse to be honest.

lol the end with Kuroki felt like the author was saying "just cause his student lost doesnt mean you can take the respect out of his name" lol. He just had to show all that ninja crap wouldn't work on the GOAT.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know Kuroki, maybe you should've said that before he was KO'd. He didn't hear shit.

Users who are viewing this thread