honestly the chapter's content is doppppppppe
would've been 1000 times better with better english
but who am i to complain FINALLY SOMEONE IS WORKING ON THIS
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was happy for a second that someone picked this up then realised it's terrible Mtl
It's unreadable tbh

I mean a half-assed job is still a job done...
unless you're a pilot who bails out of a trans-atlantic flight at atlantis

You can't complain about translation. Nobody is doing it. That's MTL (machine translation).

Fed-Kun's army
Well its good to have more of this continued somehow but the potential problem with a rough edit machine translate is that then full/detailed translators will be less likely to pick it up and translate those chapters thatve been done, or theyll think its already being translated and wont pick it up at all. Usually Id say "who cares go for" it but this is one of the best stories Ive read and its by an incredibly taleneted author, a lot of the dialogue is lost when translated poorly. I think this story is one that seriously deserved to be devotedly translated, or not at all -- especially because many people might give it bad ratings when reading a block text Mtl.
The general story is pretty easy to grasp from the raws, so the only point in translating is the great writing.
I really want someone to translate this, but not to do it with a rough machine text like this, it just doesnt reflect the true value of this story.

Fed-Kun's army
And yes of course people can complain, for a variety of reasons, primarily the ones stated in my other post. I dont think its fair to be critical of the person doing the machine translate, but I do think its fair to be against the translation being done in such a manner.

@skylars your logic is like saying that people shouldnt have complained about the original version of the Sonic movie where Sonic looked horrifying - its the equivalent of saying "well you cant complain about how he looks because at least somones making it into a movie" --- but of course thats wrong, and people complained, and the problem was addressed, and while the movie came out a bit later because of the changes, it had a good appearance for Sonic and recieved praise.
If the first version had been released it wouldve been far less popular and most likely flopped in the box office; but because they changed it, it was popular and has the greenlight for a sequel.

This webtoon has an official version released by webtoon.com that has better quality, though you need to pay to view the latest chapter (new chapters release for free every week).

Hello everyone,
A friend of mine shared these uploads to me on telegram along with all the other chapters that have been released. He got it from a friend, so i dont know about the source. I really enjoyed reading the chapters even though the translation is not very good, so i just wanted to share them.

@staK should i not do that?
EDIT- you're right, this version is now being circulated. I won't upload any more.

Fed-Kun's army
@conrad11 no you dont have to stop anything, its just peoples opinions. Its all good I don't think you did anything wrong, youre just sharing what you have/had, and that's not bad at all. I wasnt trying to shut you down, just trying to explain why some people might be upset.
I think if it looks like it might be translated in detail then it might be better to let it be done that way -- but since it looks like 3 different groups did just a few chapters each, spread out over time, and no ones uploaded in a while > then it may not be on anyones translate list and if thats the case then Im sure many would appreciate the MTL version more than nothing.
It just sucks in general (unrelated to the MTL) that it's not getting fully/in depth translated by a group, since its such a good story.

@staK It's nothing that complicated. There is nobody working on it. Even if you complain, who are you talking to? It's a program. It's not going to react.

Fed-Kun's army
@Skylars what? By that logic whats the point in commenting at all?
Sometimes people want to say something, even if its not directed at anyone specifically. And the chatter is directed at people in this case anyway, thats the point of this comment space.

You're also using an extremely unspecified pronoun, while chopping your sentence in two, I don't care about grammar but in this case it's making it so I can't really understand what you're saying.
> "It's (what is "it" ?) a program; it's (?) not going to react."
Also that statement makes it sounds as if programs generally don't react to external stimuli, but they infact very often do.

If youre asking what the ourpose in complaining is, it's to discuss a topic and spread opnions and information - hopefully in a manner that will incite change in the desired direction.
For example someone might see the discussion and feel that this story deserves to be fully translated and therefore suggest it in the translation request section; Seeing that other people share that desire/opinion might also give someone the confidence and motivation to do so.

@StaK Arent you overreacting? MTL isn't widespread yet.
Some may not know, especially since we proper translation before.
If someone just wanted to vent or thought it was a person's work. At least he knows why it was weird. Didn't meant anything else.

As for MTL, it rely on its database. The more translated text there is, the better it works.
It is learning, it will get better eventually. No matter if you complain or not.
I'm not forbidding anyone to ask for proper work.
There is a difference between "omg my eyes are bleeding" and "pls someone take over this masterpiece".

Fed-Kun's army
@skylars
I hardly think calmy typing for a few seconds while eating dinner is overreacting?

Also I literally can't understand most of what you're saying. You understand that the machine isn't uploading the chapters here by itself, right?

No one is telling anyone to do anything. Its a forum for stating opinions. Im mostly in the middle on the whole thing, I dont feel strongly in either direction - Ive read the raws for this story up through the next 4 or 5 fights so Im not desperate for a tanslator. I just hope that it gets the detailed translation it deserves, but that is only a personal desire.

@StaK I'm not talking about the emotion state you may have been while writing, just the amount of interpretation you had for a few sentences.

That's the point machine translating, you dump whatever you want to translate. At best you select some key words like names that must not be changed. Someone may upload that, but that's just few clicks work. No checking. That's how chinese novel's thousands chapters can be uploaded very quickly.

Aside my grammar I don't get what you didn't like about my first comment.

Users who are viewing this thread