A Boy's Scar

Group Leader
Is this anything like that depressed vampire manga by the author of Yesterday wo Utaite?

warning vampire maths, takes up a lot of space...
The human body can take 60-90 days to completely replenish 1 pint of RBC
14-30 percent of blood can be lost without side effects
The average amount of blood in men: 8-10 pints. Weighing on average: 88314.4344 grams
The average amount of blood in women 6-7 pints. Weighing on average: 74706.6633 grams
So lets say best case scenario you meet a healthy male at the upper end of the blood spectrum of 10 pints, who can lose 14 percent of his blood, 1.4 pints, without side effects and can recover the whole amount of nutritious tasty blood at the lower end of three months (I cant do maths so I averaged it) who is willing to provide said tasty blood. And say if you were to solely rely on this walking blood happy meal for the rest of your life (assuming that this males body doesn't deteriorate) you'd get 1.4 pints of blood every three months.
now lets use a vampire bat for reference of how a human vampire would feed. An average vampire bat weight 40 grams and feeds for 20 minutes, ingesting a total of 20 grams, and this process occurs every two days. scale this simple amount up to human size and we get, again on the lower end of the spectrum for maximum survivability, an average weighing woman at 74706.6633 grams, requiring 37353.3317 grams of blood. Now using the maths from earlier 1.4 pints would weigh 793.786647 grams. just a meager 36559.5451 grams of blood short of being able to survive two days.
This is why vampires dont exist. they would need to feed on an average of 47.0571429 healthy upper end human males whose bodies are fully optimised for producing blood just to survive two days, this of course being to keep these human alive. anyone wanna do the amthy thingies for killing the humans? no? ok I'll do it.
So now that we're killing our human prey we don't have to worry about them regenerating blood.
1.25 pounds being in a pint, and 566.990463 grams in a pound.
With this conversion we can yet again look to the upper end of walking blood bags with 10 pints in their blood having said meal weigh 5669.90463 grams. Again looking at the optimal scale for a human vampire requiring 37353.3317 grams of blood. It would only take 6.588 of the best blood bags to be killed for one meal, which would sustain a vampire for two days. it would take 1202.31 humans over the course of an average year, and if i got may maths right (which i'm pretty sure i didn't, please check for me) it would take 5822125.74 years for the human race, at 7000000000 to go extinct from a singular vampire.
Now: If vampires were numbering a whole species.
Im going to be using tha national geographics classification of endangered species as I can't find a clear-cut definition for how large a species' population has to be for it to be difined as a species. National geographic defines a critically endangered species as less than 10 mature individuals, using "<" rather than "≤" insinuation that a species is above the classification of vunerable as long as they number 10 or more. Yes i am being picky on mathmatical aspects even though i'm bad at maths, Let me pretend I'm good at something for once! Ok, so lets assume that all of these 9 vampires are mature and are of the exact same specifications as our priorly mentioned "mary sue" vampire. It would now only take take 646902.86 years for humanity to be rendered extinct to this group of 9.
Now, national geographic also shows that the population size that defines a vunerable species is less than 10,000 mature individuals, using "<" rather than "≤", yet again insinuation that a species is above the classification of vunerable as long as they number 10,000 or more. so lets have these blood suckers be a not endangered species by having them be a big 'ol family of 10,000. This would have them take only 582.212574 years for humanity to be rendered nothing and then days after the extinction of humanity vampires would also join us 6 feet under. I wonder who dug their graves?
Now the commonly known area for the origin of OUR pop culture vampires dates tot he early 19th century, however the concept of vampiricism has existed since the dawn of humanity's imagination as blood sucking demons lurking in the night ready to devour you has always been a prevelant fear until we began finding said blood-sucking human-devouring demons cute and/or erotic. bet the aincient mesopotanians are really proud of us for that one. but since humanity continues to growsince the 19th century i heavily doubt that they exist. In large numbers. pleasebloodsuckinghumandevouringaincientmesopotaniandemonspleasemakemeoneofyou.

they're so cute <3 I hope they come to they will finally be able to cope with their loss, I want more heartfelt moments between these two.

Ok, so I thought i had to call the pedo police but she passed. This story is about a women adopting but the kid is extra unique.

Double-page supporter
I love this so much I read all 12 chapters in 40 mins , legit worth it

Group Leader
How can you find this kid adorable ?? We can't hate because of the traumatic experiences he's going through but he don't try to be better at all. The girl is awesome, the story's cute and well drawn but heck this kiddo doin' ? Be a lil grateful at least...

@raidaaaan children that lost thei parents at young age will always be like this. And it takes lot of time for them to cope with loss. And he is different, even he knows it and he is, probably, scared that if someone will learn abot his secret something bad will happen, that's why he doesnt trust anyone. Fear is powerful thing, even strongest people can lose to it and we talking about eight year old kid whose only fault that he is different.
I understand both of them. Suzuka tries her best to become closer to Fuusuke and she loses her tamper because she doesnt have (yet) maternal instinct, but she is somewhat dumb. Why she didnt added some blood in boy's food if its only thing that have a taste for him? And Fuusuke doesnt trust anyone, he cant trust anyone with his, unknown to anyone, condition. He evades other kids in school because he fears that he can lose control bite them. I dont think that even his grandparents know about his condition. He hugs suffed frog so hard because he is scared of the world around him.

Group Leader
@argotha I'm totally agreeing with you on the food thing ahaha ! Despite that they're many moments where Fuusuke doesn't seems to care about his secret. I know that he's scared but he's seeing that she does everything she can I think he should show more that he doesn't want here to leave. I didn't say it wasn't an unrealistic reaction but he truly just be mean with Suzuka for no reason ? Like say thank you once in a while ! He know that he can and he know that it's a thing that can help her do more for him.

Yet I'm alright with everything you said maybe i'm over-reacting but he still somewhat piss me off sometimes.

oh no that guys- don't tell me he's-!? no way!!!!
thank you so much for the chapter updates! gosh the last one is like a sucker punch to the stomach, it left me wheezing D:

Users who are viewing this thread