A Capable Maid - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@CyBerK Apart from generously cutting out the rotting parts I don't believe that you can.
(Probably will end up supplementing the meat with a hefty dose of sauce, onions, herbs and maybe some side dishes)

@mammaria Well she is the last surviving royal, and IIRC they did meet on the night of that particular massacre.

Dex-chan lover
@CyBerK
Do you mean when it's already spoiled? No, there's no way. If you really have to use that meat, cut off the spoiled part, cut the leftover meat in very thin strips, boil them at high temperature before cooking them, but that makes the meat tasteless. An alternative is to cook the strips as rendang, but I'm guessing they want steak and not meat fluff. If it's not spoiled yet, there are plenty of ways to make a non dry-aged meat become good meat. What they're doing here is dry aging, which concentrates the flavour and increase the tenderness of the meat.

If it's not spoiled yet, but the dry-aging chamber is more humid than acceptable, you can put either salt or baking soda there. Salt naturally wants to dissolve in water and will take in water like no tomorrow. Baking soda also readily bonds with moisture and is the common method of drying wet carpet or sofa in case you can't take them out for drying under the sun. All the chef needed to do was to put bowls of powdered salt and/or baking soda into the chamber for the night and the humidity would be greatly reduced by the time he wakes up, though he will need to change the salt and baking soda with new ones as salt would've been turned into saltwater and baking soda would've turned into carbon dioxide and water if left too long.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mangareader did they? i don't remember if they met or not (i gotta reread) but yep that would do it;; but even just by reputation and deeds, dude's freaking terrifying

When she wants to use her mary sue skill but the prince block it ...

I guess the royal from other country is coming.

@mammaria they did but the prince doesn’t realize that she disguises as a maid. I think there’s a panel shows the prince summons all servants while looking for the princess

Fed-Kun's army
@vierseason aaah okay. i mean i figured they have no idea she's the princess or even where the princess is, but i couldn't remember if they had actually encountered each other;;; thanks!

Sooo what if she runs into the delegation and... and there's a royal from that kingdom and they recognize her because they've already met? Such a mess!
The prince appearing out of the blue... hahaha

How the hell do they know about TV shows and germs? They've already invented microscopes and television? And I thought it was set in some medieval world... Which has some connection to ours, since the heroine knows about Mozart.
Ok, I should stop thinking

At the very least, meat spoilage has been known as long as people have been eating meat. Germs specifically have been conceptualized since 1700s.

Probably :D although how she wasn't surprised at the man talking with a stick (microphone) in his hand in that cooking show still remains a mystery to me

Well eating plants not save the planet if the animals will overpopulate. Especially if it’s cows or animals which produces lot of gases.

Anyway, they can really make some vegan dish if they don’t have enough meat, replace the taste of meat with something else

@Kozutan I'm pretty sure they have the unbalanced diet of medieval Europe. As a vegetarian myself that had eaten meat substitutes for as long as I can remember, I don't think you can just tell random people who have eaten meat all their lives to replace it with vegetables...especially those in medieval Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread