A Capable Maid - Ch. 26

Fed-Kun's army
Nuuuu, this cliff!

Marie's punishment will definitely be to be the prince's personal maidservant, lol. Definitely the biggest punishment as the thing she wanted most was to be fired from the Lion Palace.

I still find his attraction to her to be baseless and irrational. Unless if she's somehow an untold beauty but lowkey. Like y u so possesive bro? U don't even know her?

Man ting back up ye? Get off her space

Dex-chan lover
@rlackbabbit She is supposed to be a lowkey beauty, but also it's probably her demeanor. Like the time he pictured her as a squirrel. Despite how afraid of him she is, Marie tends to 'forget her composure' and act sincerely, which for most people isn't that weird, but everyone is either sucking up to the prince, afraid of him, or an enemy. So he probably isn't used to someone sincere and he's drawn to that. That's usually how stories like this go.

3gV1ooTh.jpg

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@rlackbabbit He is fixated with her for three different reasons

Because sincerity, talent and blood

The most recent case for sincerity, when you are a surrounded by assholes that backstab you every few seconds with the kindest and most loving smiles on their faces, while you have to do the same to them,

Those that show true sincere acts of kindness and innocence would be very attractive (Assuming you get past all of the paranoia to see this in the first place)
especially those that outright ask you to punish them instead to protect another as their reward.

For talent, because you want them to work for you. (She did solve a mystery case and before that, made several other miracles.)

For blood, because war. Having royalty from another nation alive would allow others to raise a banner in their name for rebellion.

On an unrelated note. This story needs a title change to The Mary Sue. I refuse to acknowledge this person as a maid 🤣

You know what would be funny as hell? If he tells her this: You know, there a possibility of a civil war and I have to prevent it at all costs. There is one person I need to find in order to achieve it: princess Morina. However, she's nowhere to be found and you seem like a perfect candidate for a fake princess, since you're also very kind, yada yada. So, my punishment for you is to pretend to be Morina. She will accept, and then, 100 chapters later: you thought I was a fake Morina, but it was me, real Morina! Lmao

I think it'd be better if She's appointed to be Prince Oscar's servent, instead of Crown Prince's slave servent

Dex-chan lover
@NPark92: I had similar thought but more on this line.

Prince: I recall you're a Clowan native?
Marie: ....yes.
Prince: Do you know of princess Morina?
Marie, panicing in side: ....yes.
Prince: Your punishment is to assist my aide in finding her and report her whereabouts to me.
Marie: ..... :x

Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking personal maid for him or Oscar is what he'll say
Thanks for the chapter!

Aggregator gang
watch him make her his personal maid or some shit LMAO "MY LOVE IS YOUR PUNISHMENT" LMAOOO

There is but one punishment for setting a light to the Grail shaped beacon.....

This manhua is one of the best illustrated...Marie is such a great character design.

Users who are viewing this thread