A Capable Maid - Ch. 36

Double-page supporter
I really like this manhua but I'm so curious as to what would happen if Marie's real identity was discovered, they keep teasing with it with her anxiousness of being discovered lol

he has a crushhhhhhhhhhh
~~you see the way that he started thinking about her "putting her whole heart" into the tea??? this prince is whipped

just go to sleep dear prince, I have a talent to sleep more than 10 hours.
do it like me and your country crumble.

Dex-chan lover
@YourFather Not all teas are caffeinated... Tea's for sleep contain no caffeine, and instead either have a sedative quality or are calming or anti-anxiety, or both! Chamomile and Valerian is a good example of calming teas that help you sleep... Although, technically they aren't teas (since they are not brewed from tea leaves) but are instead herbal infusions.

Dex-chan lover
@Shizukachan Tea ceremony is a ritual thing. Both rinsing and warming the teapot and tea cups, and (depending on the type of tea) rinsing the tea leaves. The bowl is used to throw away the water used for cleaning.

Dex-chan lover
@readerofmanga
Yes and no. Yes, because she was highly respected among the citizens, she is royalty, and she has a lot of talent in a lot of areas. No, because it does nothing for improving diplomatic relations with other countries/kingdoms. And also there is not much to be gained by marring her. She already has nothing to offer besides herself, so in terms of material benefits, she is not an ideal candidate.

@JavelinJoe True but its worth noting that while Marie's kingdom is no more, it's people are still there and the territory the country occupied is being contended for by the west and east (if I'm remembering correctly). Since Marie was beloved by her people and is the last living royal, having her would do a lot to sway the people of that area to a particular side. That would make occupation of the area much easier and would provide more land, support and resources for one's advantage if war were to break out between the west and east. Therefore, while her position doesn't provide political advantage, her existence if capitalized on, could provide power.

Dex-chan lover
I hate how not getting enough sleep is seen as a sign of excellence. That's wrong. It's a sign of incompetence. He's too incompetent to delegate responsibility or find suitable underlings. By being the only one doing the work, the instant he's out of commission (death, sickness, or otherwise) the entire administration (and country) collapses. He isn't doing a good job. He's making a ticking time bomb on a national scale. If it wasn't for anime logic i'd think that the reason the documents take so long in the first place is because he doesn't get enough sleep to do them properly with a fully active mind.

At least our MC isn't in mortal peril for once, but we all know that won't last.

not getting enough sleep is seen as a sign of excellence
@RamenRider it was said he can't sleep due to nightmares and insomnia, so he uses that time work instead. He didn't stay up late to work, its the other way around. Working more than the quota is win-win anyway so he doesn't mind. well that's how I understood it You know if you got insomnia in your life ever that's the biggest b*tch that can't make you fall asleep no matter what you try.

Dex-chan lover
@Aeriandra
And right there is where another big issue is. Would the people accept their marriage? He literally killed her entire family. She only lived by hiding. Some places dislike nobles who hide instead of facing their enemies (idk if that though is present in this story though). Would people believe that their marriage is genuine? Or that she was forced into it by the prince, and revolt to "save her"?

Users who are viewing this thread