A Capable Maid - Ch. 38

I don’t like either of the girls. And what would keep that lady from lying? Wouldn’t she try to use Marie for the rest of her life? And the crown prince sure is possessive about her being “his property”. Does she even receive a wage, or not because she’s a war prisoner? I still can’t get used to the fact that people think they can own people in this story. I suppose it’s supposed to come off as romantic but it’s just wrong. Well I can’t complain, it’s not as bad as that one manga everyone dropped due to the author creating characters that are insane and the girl has no freedom or choice in life and it’s played off as comedy.

@Sparklepink12K

Uhhh, because he literally owns her? This is a medieval society. His kingdom owned her before because she was a war prisoner from Cloyan. He transferred her ownership to himself as a 'reward' to make her work on the Palace, which only noble girls work in, and to get her closer to him.

I have no idea how yall read this far and not even try to understand the goddamn setting.

Dex-chan lover
As much as I like Marie, I really dislike the crown prince. I mean, yeah, I can see where this is going, but I'm sticking around to see Marie being awesome. Maybe I'll have to drop it when she and the crown prince get together, but for now, I'll just try to pretend that people have some shred of sanity and ignore it.

"He treats his people well." That's called in-group bias, and it shouldn't be that surprising coming from any human being.

I'm guessing she'll be outed as the princess near the end of this arc.

Dex-chan lover
Marie folded to one side way too fast, she doesn't necessarily even need to help either one. They both seem super suspicious. Thank you for the translation!

I don’t like both of the candidates, the Ariel is a honest bitch and I feel like Rachel is the two faced one, which is the type I hate the most. Well I guess we should see ;PP

Thx for the translation (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ

@Alviam099
I know perfectly well how it works, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. And, despite what you said, in what way is this historically accurate? There is nothing whatsoever that shows it to from a real place in time. It’s simply ‘inspired’ from the medieval period as so many of these stories are with no facts at all. Really, to insult my comprehension skills for making a judgement based off of my morals.

Maybe the emperor was worried that Marie might overwork herself if she has to take care of him as well as the princess candidate. I like him better than other male leads. He’s not forceful or yandere-ish and seems to care about his people a lot

@BlackKittyGirl900
On the other hand, something I do enjoy is the villainess anthology of one shots. Have you read that? Because it’s something I love. And, the third volume just got uploaded. If you like any of the same stuff I do you’ll probably like it.
https://mangadex.org/title/41728/though-i-may-be-a-villainess-i-ll-show-you-i-can-obtain-happiness

Users who are viewing this thread