A Capable Maid - Ch. 42

Bet you the delegates met her before, just because they said it was the duty of the crown princess.

Thank you for these wonderful translations and beautiful work!!!!!! Very much appreciated 💗

@angry_noodles OMG WAIT YOU BROUGHT UP SUCH A GOOD POINT!!! I felt a little frustrated reading the part with Kiel in this chapter and that was it! Ofc he’s just being concerned but also it seems a little unwelcome by Marie and he’s ignoring that (i don’t think he’s so dense he would not notice that) because he’s prioritizing his feelings ://///

Dex-chan lover
Yeah...I have a bad feeling that Marie's cover might be blown if the delegate has been to the country before the take over. Like, Rachel will call for Marie, and while she's doing some task, the delegate will recognize her face.

the 2nd ML syndrome is so strong with this one... gdi fahk the crown prince

tysm for updates!

Fed-Kun's army
They actually decide to let the two crown princess candidates take care of the foreigners as a test?? Huh? That's sort of insane. They literally just stated that this is the first time in centuries that, that country has sent delegates, so won't they basically see that as an insult? They're spoiled girls, that have other people take care of everything for them, why would they think that it's a good idea for two clueless chicklings to take care of people from another country. I get that it's sort of for the plot, but we all know it's basically just to show Marie do something to help them again, or at the same time it could show her abilities limitations.

Group Leader
@KazutoKatsuragi
that seems possible, lol what if they speak a different language and guess who is the only on that can understand 🤧

@codydub03
I agree with you, the spot is empty so shouldn’t the prince go instead which could also lead to calling for Marie. If Marie really wanted to leave she would have done so by now

Fed-Kun's army
Do these manhwa artists all use the same 3D image program for drawing backgrounds? I think I've only seen one that didn't have Obviously and Disturbingly Rendered Horses.

Double-page supporter
Kiel is cute (and cunning), but his dynamic with our Marie is ironically more -unequal- than between the Prince and Marie. I don't ship them honestly.

The Crown Prince, while technically the regent/ruler of the empire, blood-soaked conqueror and can order her around and all that, doesn't try to manipulate and push her nearly as much as Kiel does, at least not as a friend/potential lover. He's too awkward and clumsy to do it!

P.S. So who's more easterly between the Eastern Empire and the Eastern Holy Thingy, anyway?

Dex-chan lover
There's always someone better, let's hope the eastern delegate is a super handsome brown God and he wants Marie too. lol

@codydub03 I absolutely agree. It's a diplomatic disaster in the making.

Chances are that neither of the girls know anything about the visiting delegation, and while Rachel has Marie and her magical skills, Aria is automatically in trouble. Not only does she not have the skills or knowledge required, she also has the type of personality that could easily land her in trouble.

If her social skills are as honed as they say, how can she not realize, that the prince might know a thing or two about the skills of his own Maid, who is close enough to him that she helps with his insomnia?
Like really?
Given how often he repeats the question, it's obvious you're digging your own grave...

Double-page supporter
@codydub03

Exactly. Urgh I can't stand these half-baked storytelling. Sacrificing technicalities for the sake of the plot.

I think this is a good place for me to drop this. Nice to be with you till here everyone

Thanks to NASS for the double chapter!

FORGET THE CROWN PRINCE if she's gonna end up with anyone i'd rather be kiel instead

Users who are viewing this thread