A Capable Maid - Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
@Rain_Aiko Christianity and Catholicism have been the face of evil in a majority of isekai. As soon as Islam is used people start getting pissy and criticizing the author. I don't like religon at all, but this really goes to show where the babies are.

Me a Muslim and an Arab girl seeing this chapter is absolutely disgusting to me, wtf?!! The proper way to kill animals is indeed like it was described in the chapter, but that’s only apply to us bc we have to pray to god and thank him for this animal sacrifice and meat, the only thing the non-Muslims need to do to make halal meat is cut the animal artery at the neck and then wait for it to die so they can start cutting it up ,nothing else!!!
And even if there’s no halal meat it doesn’t mean we can’t eat it!!
Halal meat is just a way to make sure the animal died peacefully and the meat will be healthier and more lasting, if there’s no halal meat when we are in a foreign country; we can still eat the meat there as long as it’s not pork, or just politely inform the host we can’t eat this type of meat and don’t eat if we feel like it.
And fasting isn’t decided suddenly in the middle of the day wtf; fasting is when you decide the day before it if you want to fast and prepare food and eat it before sunrise to make sure you’re not starving during the day, fasting has designated days for it , you can’t just suddenly decide on some random day and in the middle of it “oh guess what I’m fasting now” when you ate and drank a minute ago, the author didn’t do their research and I feel like they’re shitting on my religion like this by portraying the envoy like this, if he wanted to show someone arrogant and petty he didn’t need to fucking do it this way, he’s just talking bad about Muslims and their religion at this point not the envoy, fuck this.
So now since I explained this I absolutely hate the storeotypes where Muslims are arrogant and strict people and rude to other people of religion , fucking author dared to call us annoying in this chapter I swear if he doesn’t fix this part I’m dropping this series (`_´)ゞ

lol author shoulda left religion alone or at least respected it. i'm not even muslim but it still feels disrespectful to me

@Swearingpuppy354 what a shocking information. I am also a muslim, but not from arab. And what i know and what i believe is a muslim can't eat non-halal meat.
The only exception is when there is no other option in an emergency situation. E.g. When stranded on an uninhabited island. So you can eat any meat for survival. But if you only go abroad and you don't find halal meat, that is not an excuse to eat non halal meat.

The safe choice is to eat fish or any other seafood, because you don't need to slaughter it in a special way to make it halal.

I have never been abroad, but what I think about when I go to a non-Muslim country is that it will be very challenging to find halal food, especially in Japan, which as far as I know uses alcohol in its cooking. But maybe cooking alcohol because it is not intoxicating like alcoholic drinks is still allowed by comparison with the rules of Muslims being allowed to eat fermented food which contains a little bit of alcohol produced from the fermentation process because it is not intoxicating.

Just because they're using key words from a religion doesn't mean they're literally that religion. For example, a lot of features of these random fantasy isekai worlds are based in either Germanic or British origins, but they're never quiet true to them because it's usually eastern countries portraying what they BELIEVE to be true for those cultures with little factual basis.

They're just fictional society with roots based on said cultures, not actually those cultures themselves. Same with this, they're not muslims, they're off-brand muslims, just like they're not English, they're offbrand English.

Sams club mac and cheese is never gonna be kraft, but that's okay. It's its own thing and not meant to be an accurate depiction. Focusing on inaccuracies will just lead to needless frustration (Just like you shouldn't focus on the inaccuracies of a Eastern Emperor's harem drama, just go for the ride even though you know that's not how it really goes down.)

Whoa, apparently many are angry with the author in this chapter. I myself as a Muslim didn't think too deeply and just enjoyed this chapter. I was surprised to see so many people commenting. After reading some of the comments, I also thought that I was disturbed by the writer who described Muslim people who went berserk because they were served non-halal meat. I don't know how the representatives of a Muslim country who were served non halal food would feel that angry. But if my non-Muslim friend accidentally treats me to non-halal meat I will reject it nicely, and explain why I can't eat it. And I will still eat other halal food.

Perhaps the writer who describes emotional Muslims is a bit annoying because it can be considered rude to Muslims.

But on the other hand, I am glad that there are manhwa that describes the life of Muslims and provides some important information about halal food such as not consuming alcoholic drinks and eating non-halal meat. That might be interesting information for non-Muslim readers. But Muslims who are portrayed in such a negative light make me sad.

@viskalia
What you said about meat is all true facts, but it is also considered an emergency when you are in a foreign country and there’s literally no meat but what’s in front of you that’s not halal and no alternatives , and you’re 100% right when you said it’s no excuse to eat when you’re abroad but I meant even if there’s no halal meat they could eat it since it’s the only option or not and politely inform the house they won’t be eating the meat, but in this chapter the author made the envoy think he’s being insulted by them when they didn’t offer halal meat which isn’t a normal or same Muslim behavior, it’s not an excuse to eat non-halal meat in a foreign country but sometimes if you can’t find it and there’s no alternative then there’s no helping it , same with alcohol it’s better to avoid too and it’s different than meat bc not every dish has alcohol in it so it’s easier to avoid unlike non-halal meat,
I might be wrong but I’m a Muslim my whole life and this is old knowledge for me but I still might be wrong, so feel free to correct if I am , i will gladly listen!
Anyway the point of Islam although it is strict it doesn’t mean it can’t be lenient at the same time

I would like to point towards the countless other reads that have christian(-like) religions as the literal personification of evil.

So I wouldn't take it too personally... It just so happens that, for once, the targeted religion is different.

It doesn't make it right, but the author will not read any of these - and, like it or not, it is the way religion seems to be viewed as a hole in the east.

The author clearly use whatever references they have.... I had this thought all the time but now it's even more funny (in a bad way)

@Viskalia
...writer who describes emotional Muslims is a bit annoying because it can be considered rude to Muslims.

No. Writer knew acting like you get insulted over other country welcoming and declare war over it is top notch international politics, lmao.

Eventhough the writer didnt specifically mention what the religion of the envoy is, it's pretty obvious based on the references. And I cant help but be uncomfortable with it.. because of the obvious references and the negative portrayal that it has. I usually dont mind having religious fanatic characters who give off negative vibes in a webtoon so long as the religion does not totally resemble any real life religion down to the tee cause that's straight up disrespectful to everyone who embraces that particular religion irl. And this is where I draw the line I guess. It was fun while it lasts.

@ReinaAri except that islam is an objectively harmful ideology. unless you hate homosexuals and women, that is.

@jdexo1 Except what you said is true for most of the mainstream religions, despite what they say (and I'm from Rome).
Do not trust your prejudices, the bible itself has an entire discussion of laws and rules that are pretty similar, that is not the ideology though just as much as it's not the islam ideology.
Then again, it's not like I care about any of the religions at all...

The portrayal was disgusting.....wtf I'm disappointed.

Firstly yes it is haram (illegal) for Muslims to eat animal that hasn't been slaughtered in a certain way, but even so there's absolutely NO reason to create such a ruckus. you could have politely stared that you don't eat meat that isn't slaughtered in a specific way, esp since Ariel said "we've prepared calf meat for you" meaning she DID take care of your religion. Plus you cannot expect people of other religion to know EVERYTHING about your own ??? Do I know anything about the Christian rules and regulations? Maybe to some extent but I cannot know EVERYTHING, also patience and kindness is literally one of the major elements of Islam , no person who's so religious would go and insult someone just because they don't know everything. Plus "fasting" it is also forbidden to fast for a whole day , you HAVE TO break your fast in the evening, the portrayal was absolute garbage and seeing how less of Muslim representation is there already, man this is BAD BAD

Fed-Kun's army
I think people need to chill. There are countless fantasy stories that have christian/catholic knock offs that portray them as pure evil and corrupt. I’m not surprised a privileged noble would throw a fit over a perceived slight against them, their religion, and their country, and Eastern asian fiction tends to have exaggerated and over the top characters and reactions in general.

When the author really used the word halal and dhabihah i almost choked lol. I hope people can really take this as a comic nothing else, his reaction is really exaggerating but its comic so its okay, not all muslim like this. Normally people wont be like that either. I came to your house uninvited and you serve me this?? is not what muslim or just normal should say, thats just rude.
but good effort i guess... I mean as long as the author didnt mention Islam to that character itsokay. Maybe some imaginary character with same view? because author might not be that well versed in the topic.
I'm afraid the next chapter gonna be like... "oh i touched Marie's hand!! now i gotta marry you~~ it's my religion so... "
*wink wink?*

Users who are viewing this thread