A Capable Maid

I'll drop this series.
I liked the first few chapters but the conflict is meh (as per I write this comment, from chapter 1 to 46). It's simple problems with predictable solutions. Another downside is that Mary has no more flaws after getting the gift to solve any problem. All roads seem to open easily in front of her and we just have to wait for the prince on horseback to pick her up (after knowing her identity). I know that given the background that happened between them, the conclusion would not be that easy. But there is really nothing to hope for. I just go with the flow and don't really care how.
Thank you for the translations btw.

The art is great but the premise sucks. She is said to be a bad maid so why hasn't she been kicked out? Then, she receives a gift which allows her to conveniently obtain skills and talent to solve all her problems. Sure, she got it because of her heart of gold but it just makes her a Mary Sue.

I wasn't expecting much but this became one of my favorite manhwa hahah..such a nice theme and love the mc as well. It's refreshing at least to say

This is really good! Like yeah she's definitely a Mary Sue, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if it's played right. Dudes be falling for her left and right, but honestly why wouldn't they? She's beautiful, sweet, and supernaturally capable at damn near anything she puts her hand to. The attraction makes sense. Meanwhile that supernatural capability is established in-universe and is given a concrete explanation. It drives the plot pretty well, and while a lot of the conclusions are pretty forgone, there's enough variance to keep things interesting.

For what it is this is very well done. A solid 9/10 IMO

@Mystearical

I wouldn’t really agree I would give it a 4/10 and that’s just for the art the plot is just she gets luckily given new abilities and fixes everything she faces and yet she’s given those gifts she can’t recognise the crown prince without his mask what is this manhwa lady bug and cat noir ? Lol 😂

The only reason I don’t like this manhwa is for the Islamic plot point in my opinion was rash and stupid , the author could have made up a different name if your gonna make the people who follow that religion look like piles of crap.

Bye ima just say I don’t really agree with your rating cause the manhwa is very basic and predictable and there hasn’t been one plot point that gets me off my seat running to find more chapters

If you love this manhwa then soz if I hurt your feelings ... we all have favourites and not every manhwa is perfect sadly

everyone have a happy time reading capable maid !😊

@kittten

I mean yeah if that's your definition of a great manhwa then sure. For me all a great manwha needs to do is keep me entertained throughout. Jumping out of my seat looking for more is a 10/10 thing, not a 9/10. Big difference between "great" and "perfect".

Oh English translations.....where’d you go....I miss you so...feels like it’s been forever....

What happened in 51 I just saw the panels didn’t understand anything. Is it the end of the season?

Love the story but as a french person, I have to point out something... (In the title propositions) "femme domestique" in "Une femme domestique capable" and "Une femme domestique compétent" is a big no no. It's as if you were saying that she's a domestic woman (as in domestic animal). "Une bonne compétente" or "Une domestique compétente" would be good translations.

Double-page supporter
@Kiwiq thanks. I guess that's why the translators haven't bothered translating this anymore. Do we know when season 2 begins?

@FStubbs the last chapter was on december 10th 2020 in raws and the author wrote that it will take them about 3 months for season 2 so it's closer, the new chapter will be somewhere in March but it will take some time for the translators tho, hope this helps ^^

Users who are viewing this thread