A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log

Man, has it really been 3 months since the last chapter? I can't believe it...
Feels like this covid stuff's really been laying into a lot of the good series the past few months, and it really sucks.

Contributor
By the way, english releases are two behind for anybody curious. If it's a case of not being able to get the raws I personally don't know what may be the problem. The copies available on Amazon go to 61, so gonna assume its something on the groups end.

Here's hoping someone bothers translating the latest and deigns to upload... 😓

Dex-chan lover
I just saw that this is getting an anime and I'm beyond excited!
I hope that this keeps getting translated!

Fed-Kun's army
Started off pretty interesting, but that fairy stuff ruined it for me.
Random gatcha of what fairy you get, plus a forced PVP event to raise it up, and the forced equip of an item which allows a random (and annoying) character to spring up out of nowhere? If I was the MC I'd either scrap the character or just quit the game entirely.

Dex-chan lover
Reading some of the old chapters, it just occurred to me how utterly bizarre this story is, MC-design wise --
TLDR: It's about some guy, who does not want to be "called for adventure", but the author constantly wants for the MC to be called for adventure, so he showers him with opportunities, and these opportunities are constantly being shut down.

Kind of baffling. If you can't write a story about a guy who just wants to chill out, why constantly drag him to the spotlight?
I can get the joke of: "Does not want to be famous? Wouldn't it be funny if he gets super famous?" -- but that joke runs extremely stale by the 4rd time it's used, not to mention it being the main theme of the story, so it'll be played ad-infinitum.
Truly a bizarre choice for an MC.

Dex-chan lover
why is this rated so low?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I'm gonna guess that it's because the other identical story, where the MC is a girl and does literally every single thing the same way, with the same characters, but while being cute and acting realistically in the same situations (and actually having a fairly deep plot) makes this one look like a sad and sorry rip-off?

Not sure which came out first, but the other identical manga has better art and deeper plot.

Dex-chan lover
what is the girl one? im curious
I'm gonna guess that it's because the other identical story, where the MC is a girl and does literally every single thing the same way, with the same characters, but while being cute and acting realistically in the same situations (and actually having a fairly deep plot) makes this one look like a sad and sorry rip-off?

Not sure which came out first, but the other identical manga has better art and deeper plot.

This story has some interesting ideas and concepts but it's basically just "Consolidation Prize: the story" for the MC in every situation. MC constantly gets into situations that are more difficult for him than other players, just barely manages to "fail" by some weird logic, and then is given a different reward than what all the other players would've gotten normally. If I bought and played an mmorpg that constantly essentially "singles" me out by giving me different abilities and rewards than literally everyone else for BS reasons I'd just drop it. Dude isn't allowed a fairy, gets item rewards he can't use for a long time, and he gets basically nothing after that dragon trial despite other players having little difficulty (10 people passed it before MC tries, after he meets up with a party of friends he made of like 6 other people and they all passed and talk down to him because he doesn't). Dude is basically being targeted by the devs and doesn't blink an eye toward it

Users who are viewing this thread