A Common Story of a Lady's New Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 44

Tbh I kinda wanna see the chaotic outcome of the soap opera ... esp since there’s no real drama among the group it’ll be a fun play lmao

Dex-chan lover
crown prince: i think i will cause cheesy soap opera drama problems on purpose

thanks for the double update ✌️

I agree with everyone who said it's a bad deal for Valerie. Exposing herself to needless rumors will not only hurt her, it will also hurt her family. That setup is stupid because at the end of the day people will talk about how wicked she is for "seducing" the crown prince while engaged to someone else, while the crown prince will not face any repercussion because he's the crown prince. I am also starting to expect more from Valerie regarding her magical education etc. She's still static, and I'm starting to not like it.

KYLUS HUHUHUHUHU. THIS PURE MAN. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Thank you for the double release!! Merry Christmas! <3

Your translations are always such quality! Thanks for the double update and Happy Holidays <3

Fed-Kun's army
Man, how many stories have I read where the consort candidates are scheming or plotting to "remove" the competition?

That is such a garbage deal for Valerie. Basically paints her and Serenia as "seductive women" and makes it so that the men "can't help it" because they fell in love with different people...also, would Serenia even want to entertain being seen as Kylus' mistress, even if it's only rumors? She didn't ask to be protected by the prince, and she values Valeri's friendship enough that she wouldn't want her to suffer rumors because of her, right?

The men basically get off scott-free, while the women can have their reputations ruined...I know that they could wave it away later by having the crown prince spread rumors he's in love with someone else and have Valerie and Kylus marry (they can just say, "who came up with those rumors, it was a misunderstanding" bs) but Valerie will suffer the most in the interim...bothered by invitations, can't make any new friends, her family will also get bothered with invites...like, c'mon.

I am actually kind of confused, does Kylus really love Valerie? Because a few chapters back his explanation doesn't make it seem like he loves Valerie 🤔

@Sereacila
What explanation? I don't remember him saying something that implied that and I don't feel like going back when I don't know the chapter in which he says this.

Dex-chan lover
@Seracila There was never much of an explanation? I don't remember the chapter you mentioned, but Kylus is very disconnected with emotions, feeling things through his own measure of what they are.

He likes Valerie, and would like to spend his life with her. There's not much else there, such as passionate declarations of love nor obsessive actions. He loves her in the way he can love, which is something he has made clear through his actions and words.

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the chapters!! kylus had his teddy bear on the bed now aw

Fed-Kun's army
I love how ready and willing Kylus is to do violence for Valerie's sake.

Fed-Kun's army
NAH REJECT IT. valerie rejected it, didn't she? it's a bad deal for her. nah nah nah no way

Users who are viewing this thread