A Common Story of a Lady's New Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 52

I understand why Edith feels neglected and why the Bolshake parents accidentally neglected her in comparison, like, Valerie was fleeting and it was worrisome that she wasn't grounded to earth. Like, to Valerie Life and Death was simply a state of being at that point, I too, would freak the fuck out if I was them.

The king and queen are swapped for white at the beginning of the chess game. Interestingly in the last position, it looks as if they were in the correct position from the start. Also white is very close to being checkmated.

Dex-chan lover
the duke's going to mess up your concept of common sense
I hope the little sister is okay, it could be that she admire her sister and she always emulated her. aside from being a little sister, she doesn't have much character except being troublesome.

Full game based on the last position in this chapter.

1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Bxc6 dxc6 5. O-O Bg4 6. h3 h5! 7.hxg4? hxg4 8. Nxe5?? Qh4

White can resign, Qh1# incoming in a couple moves 9.f3 or 9.f4 will be met with 9. ...g3

What can we deduce from this? Marshall is getting totally clowned by the duke, he couldn’t even make it out of the opening.

Interestingly in the previous panels, we can see that Marshall took two pawns with pawns and another pawn with a rook, which clearly didnt happen in the game that led to the finsal position. That means they must have played multiple games...

Just kidding,
Obviously I wasn’t supposed to waste so much time on this.

I rlly understand what Edith goes through, we as the middle children always feel forgotten and neglected and we’d literally do anything to get the attention of our parents even though it always fails cuz parents either listen to the older sibling or the younger one :// I don’t blame the parents here tho cuz valeries situation was special and they had to do something but otherwise I get how she feels

Double-page supporter
you know someone is a stupid person when they know doing something will get them attacked, but do it anyways.
this chapter is a good example of that.

Users who are viewing this thread