A Couple Diverging - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Sincerely, without much context it's sad but I can't bring myself to care, some more details would help.

eaa6b34774a26f248e01cb00bb883558.gif

Fed-Kun's army
It's got a breakup, but...neither of them seems particularly broken up about it. The feeling is that of a relationship that has naturally run its course, with the sadness at the end coming from saying goodbye to the memories rather than the partner. This leaves me feeling...unsure how I am supposed to feel. :shamihuh:

Consequently, I feel like "tragedy" is not an appropriate tag to add. Just because it makes us feel sad doesn't mean that the characters feel the same.
It's a bit silly to describe a normal breakup as a tragedy, both in real life and fiction. It hurts, but it's just part of romance.
You should try visit dynasty, they have so many tag I can't think of. Include several tag for ending. Besides "tragedy" doesn't suit here, tragedy tag only refer to bad ending (everyone died or loved one died)

Yeah I see what you all mean, I guess I’m stuck with the idea that in romance either everybody is happily forever after either it’s a tragedy.

Fed-Kun's army
It's got a breakup, but...neither of them seems particularly broken up about it. The feeling is that of a relationship that has naturally run its course, with the sadness at the end coming from saying goodbye to the memories rather than the partner. This leaves me feeling...unsure how I am supposed to feel. :shamihuh:

Consequently, I feel like "tragedy" is not an appropriate tag to add. Just because it makes us feel sad doesn't mean that the characters feel the same.
Damn, but I feel like the dark-haired girl seemed a little bit down, like she hadn't come to terms with the breakup yet. Since it looked like light-haired girl did it suddenly with no warning, no communication, no nothing; just up and left and announced it right then and there with a suitcase ready.

This was published back in August of this year, and when I read it I immediately fell in love with it.

I liked U-Temo’s stuff to begin with, but the way that this dealt with a topic not even discussed in a measured and real way, really stuck with me.

I think that’s what draws me to their stuff in the first place. I love Still Not Normal in that it shows not relationships happen in a snap, or follow the supposedly set steps. It reminded me of stuff I’ve gone through and people I know. Sometimes stuff slowly changes. Sometimes that’s just how it works.

Which I feel is the thing here. Sometimes that’s just how it shakes out. No one did anything terrible or was lacking. But feelings changed. Or circumstances (money, work, etc.) changed. And you have to part ways. I’ve been in both types of situation and this manga is a combo of the two.

The woman leaving has been unable to break through and the money has dried up. But on top of that, the feelings that were there, maybe spurred on my manga dreams or dampened by hardship, have changed. It’s a relationship at its natural end.

To prolong it further would just cause suffering or stress. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy. I know what it’s like to know something is not working but still feel regret or guilt. Not even out of love! But just… because. And still, even if you recognize all this, it doesn’t make it easy, it’s still hard to part. I even think the woman leaving is pushing feelings deep underground, given some of her expressions.

It’s a bit of a tough one, but this sortof thing also happens every hour of every day. And I guess that’s what I like about U-Temo’s stuff. Is that it feels real, that it addresses all sorts of experience. I see this and sadly go “ah, yeah.” But in a strange way it makes me feel seen, more alive, more human, and for that I’m a fan of this short oneshot.

Dex-chan lover
Also seems like the black haired girl is making a living out of making manga, while the other one doesn't. Her question of "if I had sold more copies, maybe you could've stayed and I could've supported you?" makes it look like she's either gotten moderate success that the other girl having gotten less or none of couldn't keep up with anymore, or she's not successful enough to make a living out of it but is more willing to keep going and laments that the other girl isn't anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread