A False Confession - Ch. 29

I'm so confused by the pacing of these panels. What is going on??? :X

Glad I checked the comments, I thought I was the only one confused. Legit said “huh?” after reading the last few panels lol

I thought it was just me who didn't understand what was happening in the end. I came to the comments for some clarification and got even more confused.

Dang the rest of y’all are thinking something like suicide or malnutrition but the first thing I thought of was magic. Didn’t really see it as an embarrassment but with suicide, I could see it as depressing as it is, in a country’s cruel viewpoint😔 it’s horrible to think of soldiers like that but many in power do, especially in the past.

I try to calmly read it even when sometimes i feel confused. And now i have to check this comment section to find an explanation.. im glad im not the only one🙃

They're trying to explain that people are dying outside of battle because they don't want to exhaust too much the priests so they try to heal themself up but fail? Damn, if it's true that's gonna hurt our FL feelings.

@ChiChidi : Amen. I understood nothing in this chapter. It's completely choppy... What these soldiers are saying is totally weird and senseless. We're not the only ones being confused.

Apart from the flashbacks going in a little clumsily, I feel like some part is missing in here....

I think she has been losing sleep because she is constantly checking over the amount of medicine pills, in case someone is taking tham secretly.... I also think there is something in between suicide and negligence going on. After the time, people get used to the war, the gore, they don't feel much anymore after seeing injured or dead people, likewise they get tired of getting hurt and then getting treated and then getting hurt again. I think it's a kind of fatigue... fatigues of living in this kind of environment - that leads to suicide or unplanned mishaps.

The comments here are giving me some clearance abt what's happening in the chapter

They’re implying suicide from overdosing and that’s what she’s losing sleep over, which makes sense with the sentence about “embarrassing” since it was looked down upon at that time. I’m assuming sleep deprivation is because she’s always checking the amount left to make sure people didn’t take it for that reason. The people who attempts give an excuse that they’re healing themselves in order to not bother the healers. She thought she hid the medicine well, but Cabel found it. This chapter was to showcase how she’s not the only one struggling mentally.

Users who are viewing this thread