A Girl Who Can't Speak Thinks "She Is Too Kind." - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - The Convenience Store Friend

@Babydel It's not to be taken literally. She's just comparing them cause they're both accommodating and high empathy, but show it in different ways.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, the English translation finally got to the introduction of my favorite character in this manga. She's very much like big sister to Mashiro and it's very wholesome.

@Babydel Kind of but not really. Since she's older Mashiro would see her as an Onee-san, though it's more about Mashiro comparing her and Kokosaki together, like for example if two kids would dress similarly they would say that they were twins

@JapanStandard
Just guessing here but I assume the original japanese was 友達のお姉さん

In this case, a better translation would be "a friendly older sister" rather than "the sister of a friend". の can also act grammatically as a adjective modifier (turning 友達 into an adjectival phrase), instead of as a possessive marker (see https://www.japaneseprofessor.com/lessons/beginning/modifying-particle-no/ for a more in-depth explanation). From the context in this case, the "friendly" interpretation seems more likely.

Double-page supporter
In this case, a better translation would be "a friendly older sister" rather than "the sister of a friend".

Now this makes more sense.

Fed-Kun's army
@alliwan
Writing down/showing a page that says I'm mute is kinda redundant when you just can write down what you actually want to say and let others infer from that.

@venomx99x
😄

Users who are viewing this thread