A Guide to Proper Dating - Ch. 40

Am I crazy for thinking Do-Eun kinda seems super possessive over her boyfriend? I mean how she was so angry over him joining a club and him not telling her. That just doesn't seem like such a big deal to me,, he should be able to join a club if he wants to, it's his life he should do what he wants with it. I'm super glad that they explained that it wasnt the club thing that broke them up it was their distance, which I understand and makes more sense. I guess I just dont understand why so much emphasis was placed on this one incident. I think I remember Do-Euns boyfriend promising to not join a club and that's crappy on his part to do something behind her back. But it's also really crappy of Do-Eun to try to restrict him like that. Anyway, I guess my conclusion is that they bring the worst out of each other, hope Do-Eun chills out and gets happy with the blond cutie!

Sorry for the super long post, thank you so much for translating!

@Olotea I think it had less to do with the club and more to do with how he never made time for her. She was always making time for him even though she is also really busy with studies and work, but he would always bail on their dates, and when they did go out they would do the same thing over and over again and he never really seemed to be there in soul because he was always on his phone as well.

She didn't want him to join a club because he was already so busy she barely saw him, but he did that and hid it from her anyway. He could make time for clubs, friends, a PT job and studies and he was actively enjoying them, but he couldn't make time for someone he's supposed to love and the time they did spend together highlighted that their relationship was basically already over because the communication was really stagnant.

The club seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Contributor
@akisame - pretty much spot on, I agree. Their relationship seems to have been like that for quite a while since the first time we met them in the webtoon and I think at that point, they were both kinda in it out of habit and, as one friend of hers mentioned - because she was so used to him that she completely forgot that there were other guys and options out there besides him. So yeh, what he did and Do-eun's disillusionment with it all was what ultimately nailed the last nail into that coffin.

On another note, Yoo-yeon's sparkling face and Ba-reum's suspicion made me chuckle. They're so hilarious together. Thanks for the hard work, guys!

yes do-eun u leave that selfish man who doesn't make time for u and go find blond man

yoo-yeon is so obvious but ba-reum ends up misunderstanding it's absolutely hilarious and adorable

I have a feeling that cutie pie will get rejected this time around. I mean she can't just jump into a relationship like that

Aggregator gang
Yes! Let that cute, and super interested guy take away some of the pain from your break up! He's going to shower you with the attention that you need and deserve to have in a healthy relationship!!!!

ahh super excited to see Blondie get together with Do-eun. Obviously she will probably reject him this time around since she just got out of a long term relationship, but when they do get together...will probably be a super healthy relationship where he showers her with live and attention!! 💞🥺

Double-page supporter
Phew. Do-eun's situation really hits home. When a relationship has gone for so long there are guys who become too comfortable and they don't exert much effort to spare time for their gf and fall back to their old habits. Good for Do-eun for finally breaking free of that.

THANK GOD THINGS WORKED OUT FOR YOOYEON OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR MY BABY
also I hope this doeun gets together with hanam

Users who are viewing this thread